testtest

Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP 10mm

Made in Croatia with internals much like the Hellcat, this 10mm is definitely on my radar!
10mm is a powerful round yet this pistol tames it really well. Noice! All ambidextrous, important to us lefties.
Here's a review I just saw on the youtube by the Firearm Guy..

Does anyone have a picture of the XDM compact 10mm without the magwell and with the 11 round magazine inserted? I have searched and watched all the videos on YouTube but cannot find anything.
This is a SA XDM 40S&W. Should look very similar w/o flared magwell.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP 10mm" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-springfield-armory-xd-m-elite-3-8-compact-osp-10mm/.

This will be a handgun I will look for, I won’t do the red dot and maybe by the time I find one the extended mags will be available. Without the optic I will say for sure this will fit my leather Galco and possibly my BlackHawk Serpa level 2

This will be a handgun I will look for, I won’t do the red dot and maybe by the time I find one the extended mags will be available. Without the optic I will say for sure this will fit my leather Galco and possibly my BlackHawk Serpa level 2
Do the XD-m elites take a different magazine than the XD-m models?
If not then the 4.5" 10mm mag is your huckleberry and they are available...now.

For ghits and siggles
I can say for certainty that both my .45acp and 10mm mags are interchangeable. I've ran the .45acp mag in my 10mm and 10mm mag in my .45acp, worked both ways with no problems.

Do the XD-m elites take a different magazine than the XD-m models?
If not then the 4.5" 10mm mag is your huckleberry and they are available...now.

For ghits and siggles
I can say for certainty that both my .45acp and 10mm mags are interchangeable. I've ran the .45acp mag in my 10mm and 10mm mag in my .45acp, worked both ways with no problems.
Am thinking some are same depending on mag length. 9mm appear to be usable.

Well I'm disappointed they didn't release the full size at the same time as the compact. Hopefully won't be much longer.

Also disappointed they came out with 10mm before .45. I'm waiting on Elite .45 to come out.

I'm trying to be careful what I buy. I bought an Elite 3.8 not knowing the 3.8 Compact was a few months away. My full size Elite I would have bought the 4.5 if I knew the compact was coming. Now I have 2 3.8 barrel 9mm's.

I want to see a 4.5" optic ready .45

Well I'm disappointed they didn't release the full size at the same time as the compact. Hopefully won't be much longer.

Also disappointed they came out with 10mm before .45. I'm waiting on Elite .45 to come out.

I'm trying to be careful what I buy. I bought an Elite 3.8 not knowing the 3.8 Compact was a few months away. My full size Elite I would have bought the 4.5 if I knew the compact was coming. Now I have 2 3.8 barrel 9mm's.

The full-sized XDm line has been out for a few years now. That line just doesn't have a couple features that the Elites have but are essentially the same. Will run the same mags as the Elites.

Last edited:
Quick Question: Can the XDm Elite OSP (10mm or otherwise) take a smaller Hex Wasp RMR instead? And if yes, would the Wasp co-wittness with the factory sights?
Welcome to the forum Daddy'O!
Had same thoughts before on Wasp w/other HG's. From what have heard and read so far, not sure because the mounting footprints are supposedly different. HEX Wasp is intended for for smaller compact HG's like Hellcat. XDM is larger than Hellcat. HEX Dragonfly has a different footprint intended for larger HG's. Dragonfly seems to cowitness to a degree that may work for some people, but isn't a full cowitness like on the Hellcat. To cowitness you may or may not have to replace front sight to suit your style and needs. Have seen comments go both ways as far as cowitnessing with same setup. There's more reviews out there on them all.

This link is one with a pic of a Dragonfly on it. Hope it helps you visualize cowitness clearer.
Is best could find at the time.

I agree with Drugrep. The 10mm Compact looks awesome, but I just can't add another caliber to my collection at this time. I've got enough .45 acp ammo on hand to make me consider a .45 model. I'm still perfectly happy with my 9mm XD-M Elite, but the .45 acp would be tempting.

Back