testtest

Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP 10mm

As I mentioned earlier in this thread I’ve been waiting for an XDM 3.8 10mm but nothing was seen for weeks so I opted for an XDM 4.5 45ACP and off to the range today to see how it shoots and wouldn’t you know I walk into the store to pay my range fee and there in the case is a XDM 3.8 10mm Grrrrrrrrr
Oh well, I hit the range with my new 45 and that gun shot lights out flawlessly!!!
I put Winchester, Remington and Federal in both 180 and 230 grain and hollow point through it and it ate everything without objection or any issues. Am I sorry I didn’t wait? Maybe however I made a point to not look at or hold that 10mm or I know I would have brought it home I just don’t need another Ammo caliber to buy and stock.
Am glad your .45's is working out well. Am sure 10mm would be nice, but with mixed ammo availability around, .45's still darned good choice with availability. Haven't seen 10mm ammo available locally in ages.
- Signs 10mm here has been shooting again? :)

Well I've been buying 10mm ammo and shooting the snot out of my XD-m Elite 3.8. I've ran everything I can find through it and it eats well. S&B, Remington, Browning, Hornady and Winchester silvertips.
It really likes the Remington Golden Saber and the Browning X-points. At 25 yards they group nicely.
Mighty fine little pea shooter!

Well I've been buying 10mm ammo and shooting the snot out of my XD-m Elite 3.8. I've ran everything I can find through it and it eats well. S&B, Remington, Browning, Hornady and Winchester silvertips.
It really likes the Remington Golden Saber and the Browning X-points. At 25 yards they group nicely.
Mighty fine little pea shooter!

Sounds great on your end Pitdogg2!

- Am thinking different ammo caliber supply's are sporadic in availability in different locations for whatever reason? 357's and 38 Spec. for example, seem to be in short supply in some places while in other places are in abundant supply. About same with .22's being scarce around here. 9mm and 45ACP tend to be more available. Popular rifle rounds are usually stocked so-so. Shotgun ammo can be scarce, but is trickling back around depending on where looked.

I normally travel in at least a three county area here, visit many LGS and see different results on who has what. Ammo calibers available can vary quite a bit on who has what caliber, 45LC ammo can be difficult in locating too, but have only seen one single 50 round box locally of 10mm ammo in over a year. But, that's just around here?

For general consumption I compared my XDM 3.8 10mm Elite compact to my pre-Elite full-sized XDm 10mm 5.25.

Front to back the frame length is identical, the grip length is shortened of course, the molded contours of the slide are the same with the only difference being the ambidextrous slide release. The contours of the slide are identical and of-course the slide is shorter on the compact and even with the front of the frame.

The only other difference is the sights.

A full-aized 15 rd mag fits fine & locks into the Compact.

I just picked mine up about two weeks ago. So far I’m love it! Got the version without the red dot attached since not a big fan of them. I took it out to the range and was hitting some nice groups at 10-15 ft with it. There was one thing I noticed though that concerned me a little bit.
After awhile I was picking up some spent brass and noticed they were all getting a small dent, maybe a 1/4” or so down from the rim. Picture attached.
Is this an issue to worry about and get taken care of?? I was told by one guy the chamber was stepped to ensure a tighter fit and better performance from the rounds. Another person said it was something that needed fixed.Didn’t want to just take someone’s word for it. Haven't shot or carried it since. Also wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Attachments

• 3970A382-D643-4035-BFD2-8792FFEB195D.jpeg
    3970A382-D643-4035-BFD2-8792FFEB195D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
I was told by one guy the chamber was stepped to ensure a tighter fit and better performance from the rounds. Another person said it was something that needed fixed.Didn’t want to just take someone’s word for it.
No step in the chamber & nothing to be fixed.

As Pitdogg2 says it's a high-intensity cartridge, and brass kisses and case dents are common during the ejection process. Brass is softer than steel.

Last edited:
I have the XD Mod 2 sub compacts in 9mm and 45 acp. I love these two guns. They eat everything. I would love a new 3.8 10 mm Elite, but am not sure I want to have another caliber to be scrounging for. Also, isn't 10 mm a heck of a lot more expensive than 9mm ammo? Just wondering.

I have the XD Mod 2 sub compacts in 9mm and 45 acp. I love these two guns. They eat everything. I would love a new 3.8 10 mm Elite, but am not sure I want to have another caliber to be scrounging for. Also, isn't 10 mm a heck of a lot more expensive than 9mm ammo? Just wondering.
The 10mm is on par with .45acp. I'm buying 50rds of S&B for less than $30 FMJ or HP. Defense rds are about $30-$40 for 20.

I ordered the OSP version and was planning on putting my Holosun 507 or my Trijicon on it, I can't find anywhere if the Optics Plates are included or if I need to hurry up and get one ordered up? Do any of you know if this comes with optic plates? Thanks!
Old post, but an update no plates you need to register it to get a free plate sent which takes another week, and without the serial number you can’t so it’s a wait game. Also, poor design they don’t cowitness

Old post, but an update no plates you need to register it to get a free plate sent which takes another week, and without the serial number you can’t so it’s a wait game. Also, poor design they don’t cowitness
I find no issue that I needed a plate to install the Holosun 507C X2 on my Elite Compact 10mm it works and for me is not a poor design it’s the design. Am I concerned that it doesn’t co-witness with the iron sights? Nope.

anyone know what is a good optic/rmr for XDm Elite 10mm. Holosun HE507K-GR nor Sigs Romeos Zero/Elite will I.m guessing maybe with a plate?

TBH, this gun with the U-notch heavy white rear and hi vis pink/magenta FO FS is amazing.

anyone know what is a good optic/rmr for XDm Elite 10mm. Holosun HE507K-GR nor Sigs Romeos Zero/Elite will I.m guessing maybe with a plate?

TBH, this gun with the U-notch heavy white rear and hi vis pink/magenta FO FS is amazing.
Agreed, the iron sights are awesome on my XDM 3.8 10mm compact and although I can’t use/see them with the red dot I still shoot great groups.

Back