Revolver or Pistol

Revolver or Pistol

• Revolver

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Pistol

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not an easy choice. Simply put, a heavy multi load large revolver. In this day and age of ammo shortages? Revolvers can usually use a variety of different caliber ammo and loads. Including shotgun shells. If can't find ammo, can still use as a small club. Many to most pistols now days are light weight single caliber.

Not an easy choice. Simply put, a heavy multi load large revolver. In this day and age of ammo shortages? Revolvers can usually use a variety of different caliber ammo and loads. Including shotgun shells. If can't find ammo, can still use as a small club. Many to most pistols now days are light weight single caliber.
If had to choose particular revolver? Ruger Blackhawk 8 round .327 Federal Mag. Can use 32ACP, 32 S&W short and long, 32 H&R Mag and 327 Federal Mag ammo. - .327FM has less recoil than 357 Mag with as much power and more variety of ammo.

For firearms I already own, if I was required to "declare" just one hand gun, this would be it. Smith & Wesson M&P R8 .357 mag. All around, good for everything. But I won't be getting rid of stuff I don't "declare". Just saying.
gun.jpg

Revolver, I think.
I do not and never have actually owned one ( but I’ve fired a couple). It just strikes me that they a) are simpler mechanical devices (the ammo doesn’t ‘operate’ the action) b) have fewer parts, and therefore c) are arguably more robust.
Anybody got an Atlatl ? Lol

I too am a fan of the almighty .357 cartridge, however my newest carry has been my XDm 10mm and I have a sweet carbine of the same caliber, so 10mm pistol is my choice. If I had purchased the Henry Big Boy in .357 like I wanted years ago, my answer would be the revolver.

I cast my vote for pistol, as my carry is a Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact, and I feel it is more concealable than most revolvers, due to the 1.2" thickness.

That said, if I could not carry, and it was for home defense, I would change my vote to revolver. I have my great granddad's S&W M&P .38 Special of 1905, *made* in 1905, and it was his duty gun as a sheriff and for a couple of decades in law enforcement. It's now 116 years old, and is fun to shoot, and very accurate. It's been a reliable revolver for a long time, for 4 generations of shooters, and will go to my son one day. As others have said, revolvers are simpler mechanically and inherently more reliable. Just lower capacity and slower reloading.

Back