testtest

Revolver or semi automatic

What do I say? It depends on specifics.

A gun carried on the belt line, when I can dress to conceal it well, I’ll usually carry a full-size auto. I shoot them better, they hold more ammo, and it’s generally easier to mount a red dot. And a dot is becoming more of a necessity each day I get older.

Ankle or pocket carry, where the gun is exposed to lint, dust, grit, and general crud, I carry a small revolver.
The idea that revolvers don’t malfunction is absolutely wrong, but they can be more malfunction-resistant.

Belt carry, but I can’t dress as sloppily as I’d like, I might have to carry a medium size auto. Nice and thin.

When I’m on the motorcycle, and might have to shoot from an awkward position that might not allow an auto to operate well, I use a service-size revolver. The extra power might be nice around vehicles, too.

It all depends.

This guy again. "The real most interesting man in the world". Lots of words to say nothing. I have a hard time taking anything he writes seriously. :rolleyes:
I like and use both depending on what's called for at the time.
I do recommend a revolver for newbies and people who just want something for home defense due to its simplicity. Just point and pull the trigger. If it doesn't go bang, just pull the trigger again. ;)

This guy again. "The real most interesting man in the world". Lots of words to say nothing. I have a hard time taking anything he writes seriously. :rolleyes:
I like and use both depending on what's called for at the time.
I do recommend a revolver for newbies and people who just want something for home defense due to its simplicity. Just point and pull the trigger. If it doesn't go bang, just pull the trigger again. ;)

Man grayfox their isn’t any thing nicer than a old blued smith gorgeous looking

1714153733306.png

Lol just curious who would actually go into to that ancient internet staple question of gun forums lol.

Criteria usually is considered to be the one and only one handgun you are allowed to own for every possible handgun use you might have.
Hmm. Still can't pick just one. Practically speaking it's hard not to say one of the VP9s or possibly the P30L, but might be I'd be better off with the Blackhawk or the 8.38" Taurus .44 mag.

Hmm. Still can't pick just one. Practically speaking it's hard not to say one of the VP9s or possibly the P30L, but might be I'd be better off with the Blackhawk or the 8.38" Taurus .44 mag.
That's why the question has been around for about 25 years that I have seen. It's an extreme compromise of a conundrum which usually cause much debate One handgun to conceal, woods walk, home defence, hunt, whatever you may do. It's a huge compromise at best.

Best I have come up with is a medium barreled magnum revolver revolver say 3 to 3.5. 357 mag. That's about as close as I have come to an answer. With it I can reasonably conceal, use for home defence m, and yes hunt. Took my only deer I bothered shoot at last year, 30 yards with this. Yep I have choices for every category thst may be better but, that's not the question nor answer to it.

20230307_123713.jpg

Last edited:
Back