testtest

Revolver or semi automatic

Asking what’s “best” is impossible to answer unless you state “best at ….” That spiffy 365 would be a poor choice if you are trying to hunt or defend yourself from a huge bear. That 7 1/2 barrel .44 mag’s gonna be a mite tough to conceal, esp if you’re 5’5” and weigh 120, and the .44’s a bit much for squirrel huntin’🙄

I can't, for the life of me, understand, for the life of me, people still carry revolvers.

To each their own, and it's your choice to make, but to me it just does not make sense.

We all travel the path our experiences lead us down. I find the reliability, and simplicity of use to be extremely valuable in a revolver.

Try pulling the trigger on a pistol with the muzzle crammed against a bad guy trying to choke the life out of you and the pistol is pushed put of battery. Or you cannot draw form a pocket of a heavy winter coat much less a holster under it, the revolver can be shot from inside multiple times. Or your magazine release is somehow depressed turning that 20 round super pistol into a modern muzzleloader. Those situations, at least where I tend to spend time, are just as real and possible, perhaps moreso, as situation which may call for an extended firefight.

Yep, pistols have thier advantages, but so do revolvers, both have a place, for me at least. Opinions often vary...

Last edited:
I can't, for the life of me, understand, for the life of me, people still carry revolvers.

To each their own, and it's your choice to make, but to me it just does not make sense.
I can’t, for the life of me, understand why people think they are under armed if they don’t have 30+ rounds on them for EDC; the odds of actually needing/using that many rounds is infinitesimally low.

To each their own, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I rarely carry a spare mag, unless I am carrying my 1911, and then I only usually carry a spare mag on for church.
My HellCat Pro has 15+1 and my G17 is 17+1.

I can't ever image being in a scenario where I said, buy, I'm glad I only had 5 or 6 rounds.

And, let's be realistic, the odds of ever needing our EDC guns, is incredibly low. Yet we still carry. So why not carry more rounds in case you are in a scenario that you do need more rounds?

I rarely carry a spare mag, unless I am carrying my 1911, and then I only usually carry a spare mag on for church.
My HellCat Pro has 15+1 and my G17 is 17+1.

I can't ever image being in a scenario where I said, buy, I'm glad I only had 5 or 6 rounds.

And, let's be realistic, the odds of ever needing our EDC guns, is incredibly low. Yet we still carry. So why not carry more rounds in case you are in a scenario that you do need more rounds?
But why carry a weapon with an every bit as realistic possibility can be non functional where the revolver can still shoot.

We can go back and forth all day making valid arguments dependsnt upon what we percieve to be rational threats. I see the advantages of both, and use both, whereas you do not. This is fine, we all travel the path that is clear to us.

Last edited:
Back