testtest

Revolver or semi automatic

But why carry a weapon with an every bit as realistic possibility can be non functional where the revolver can still shoot.

We can go back and forth all day making valid arguments dependsnt upon what we percieve to be rational threats. I see the advantages of both, and use both, whereas you do not. This is fine, we all travel the path that is clear to us.
Actually, you do make some good points in your earlier posts.

I actually do have training on how to deal with having to shove a semi auto into someone and needing to shoot.

You're potential situations are probably as least as likely, if not more, than being caught in a mass shooting or something and needing more rounds.

My original comment was I can't understand why and it doesn't make sense to me to carry a revolver. You pointed out reasons that make sense.

Actually, you do make some good points in your earlier posts.

I actually do have training on how to deal with having to shove a semi auto into someone and needing to shoot.

You're potential situations are probably as least as likely, if not more, than being caught in a mass shooting or something and needing more rounds.

My original comment was I can't understand why and it doesn't make sense to me to carry a revolver. You pointed out reasons that make sense.

If you really think that you’re more likely to be in a mass shooting and need a lot of ammo than be in a close and desperate fight involving a contact shot or two…

You haven’t done the math.

Why carry a revolver?

I usually carry one of each, a semiauto and a revolver, so I think I can speak without a strong bias.

I carry the revolver because, as I stated earlier in this very thread:

“Ankle or pocket carry, where the gun is exposed to lint, dust, grit, and general crud, I carry a small revolver.
The idea that revolvers don’t malfunction is absolutely wrong, but they can be more malfunction-resistant.

When I’m on the motorcycle, and might have to shoot from an awkward position that might not allow an auto to operate well, I use a service-size revolver. The extra power might be nice around vehicles, too.”

Those are the main reasons, but I can easily add more. A revolver is probably better suited for belly-to-belly fighting. It’s also a fact proven by prison surveillance cameras that convicts practice disarms, and a revolver is more likely to be useable during and after a struggle. These are not prime examples or reasons for me, but are still good reasons.

I would prefer to have a semiauto in my hand if I need a handgun, for a number of reasons. I shoot autos better, it’s a lot easier to mount a red dot, and I am not going to turn down more ammo. That’s just for starters.

But I don’t exclude the revolver. I’m not one that goes around spouting “six for sure” because I know better, but there are valid reasons to carry a revolver.

I agree, Barry. It is interesting to me that just last night, I watched a video posted by a YouTube channel “God, Family and Gun” in which the channel folks interviewed a female gun store clerk whose first recommendation of a gun for women who were not familiar was a revolver. Basically for the same reasons you listed.

It’s more of if any given user is proficient with their choice than what their choice is.

And as Pat Rogers said “mission drives the gear” some folks get offended by that. If you want a 17 round Sig micro whatever or the like cool however I have yet to see any documented cases where someone in a civilian self defense shooting burnt through 17 rounds and it went well for them. And what shootings we have seen from LEO’s and body canes it also hasn’t gone well for them remember the 2 Houston Deouties mag dumping 40 some rounds through walls and hit the person (who the weren’t justified in shooting) twice? (yea it could happen and lightning could hit you but we don’t run around with lightning rods to deflect it)

Maybe cutting my teeth I. The revolver says and seeing how well they can be shot has something to do with it .you like Wheelguns cool you like a Sig Macro cool who cares unless you are trying to make up for skill with gear!

People that worry about mag changes and making sure their rear sights are “hooked for one hand manipulation Jada yada yada” are worried a little to much about an almost zero occurrence for someone going to walmart

Last edited:
Back