testtest

Rhode Island joins the 10 round cap club

yeah, i laugh at the thought of turning in the magazines with a "return receipt" so that you can get your magazines back, should the law be over-turned...

anyone wanna bet, that there will be long lines to get them back and that is even if they can be found in storage..????

anyone wanna bet on the long lines to actually turn them in...????

anyone wanna bet the owners just keep them in the house, garage, storage shed..??

the cops ain't gonna go house to house...IF and i say IF they have to go to your house for some sort of domestic call, THEN they might do a search.

the cops are NOT going to stop a person going to, or leaving a private gun club or range and do a search of your range bags...

in the end, this is all laughable, up to and including the GOOBENER saying, "they can take the magazines to the range"...uh no stupid...they have to turn them in, clearly a radio DJ said (who is pro 2A), the GOOBENER NEVER read the BIll he signed.....

the A-Typical moron in office, and the voters here, NOT wanting a recently moved here female opponent in office of a different party, voted the moron in for 4 more years.

I'm hoping that the 10 round bill in Illinois will be amended to drop this requirement.
After trying to read it in entirety I am wondering if the 10 round requirement will include off duty first responders and security personnel.
I will make the rounds at some LGS to see if they have 10 rounders for my MOD-2 compact and tactical, if the requirement gets dropped I can always use a few more mags.

I'm hoping that the 10 round bill in Illinois will be amended to drop this requirement.
After trying to read it in entirety I am wondering if the 10 round requirement will include off duty first responders and security personnel.
I will make the rounds at some LGS to see if they have 10 rounders for my MOD-2 compact and tactical, if the requirement gets dropped I can always use a few more mags.
here, cops both still active and retired, CAN HAVE more than 10 rounds.....why retired cops...?? they are "civilians" as far as i can see, once retired.

as well as active and retired military...again...why retired..????

here, cops both still active and retired, CAN HAVE more than 10 rounds.....why retired cops...?? they are "civilians" as far as i can see, once retired.

as well as active and retired military...again...why retired..????
Unfortunately, trying to find reason within laws created by cowards who cant identify which end a bullet leaves a rifle is fruitless. There is no logic or reason. Its a show of how virtuous they are. Common sense be damned.

it is "interesting" that out of the thousands of gun owners......only about 350 (+/-) have been turned in..(as of that report)

what is actually more frightening, is this quote from the district court judge.....

"In his decision on Dec. 14, which was also the tenth anniversary of the deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.,(judge) McConnell wrote about the devastation caused by mass shooters. “It is perhaps inevitable that Rhode Island will one day be the scene of a mass shooting,” the chief judge wrote. “The LCM ban is a small but measured attempt to mitigate the potential loss of life by regulating an instrument associated with mass slaughter.”

so now, the judge is a "soothsayer"..???

a "Carnac The Magnificent"..???

does he do lottery numbers too....???

UPDATE:

going to the 1st circuit court......funny too, cuz i went to the mom/pop bait/gun store saturday and asked what's "the word on this" and not much info other than everyone is waiting to see what the US Supreme court is going to rule on soon due to the Bruen decision...

Gun-rights group to appeal federal judge's ruling upholding RI's 10-round magazine limit​

Tom Mooney
The Providence Journal

PROVIDENCE — A group of gun-rights advocates has filed notice they will appeal a federal judge’s decision here upholding Rhode Island’s new ban on gun magazines holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
Michael A. Kelly, a lawyer representing the group, told The Journal on Friday that they hope to argue before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit that a so-called high-capacity gun magazine is part of a firearm and therefore can’t be regulated as the law does.
Last month, U.S. District Chief Judge John J. McConnell Jr. refused to grant a request by a Chepachet gun store and several Rhode Island gun owners for a preliminary injunction blocking the law, which makes possession of gun magazines that hold more than 10 rounds a felony.

Back