testtest

Richmond Falcon Cam

Recusant

Hellcat
This is a neat thing that the Virginia game dept does every year. I check it out several times a day and sometimes you'll see mom/pop interacting with the 4 chicks. I think it's entertaining to watch.

This is a neat thing that the Virginia game dept does every year. I check it out several times a day and sometimes you'll see mom/pop interacting with the 4 chicks. I think it's entertaining to watch.

Really neat!

The nesting box is on top of this building in the middle of Richmond. That's the James River in the background.
901-E-Byrd-St-Richmond-VA-Building-Photo-3-LargeHighDefinition.jpg

What's all that green crap in the middle of the river?
Richmond is on the James River fall line which is marked by a zone of rapids that drop 105 feet in elevation over the course of seven miles. Half of the elevation loss is in the last half-mile, next to Richmond's downtown. What you see in the picture are small islands made up mostly of rocks. In April, 1607, Captain Christopher Newport and John Smith led an expedition upstream from the site just chosen for Jamestown, until rapids at the current location of Richmond blocked further exploration by ship.

Very cool thing to watch.

Been watching a mating pair of swans on my route. There was a pair last4 years but the male got killed by a dog. The female raised the young then disappeared and this pair showed up over the summer. Thinking it might be one of thier young from years past.

Anxiously watching to see the eggs hatch.

Last edited:
Richmond is on the James River fall line which is marked by a zone of rapids that drop 105 feet in elevation over the course of seven miles. Half of the elevation loss is in the last half-mile, next to Richmond's downtown. What you see in the picture are small islands made up mostly of rocks. In April, 1607, Captain Christopher Newport and John Smith led an expedition upstream from the site just chosen for Jamestown, until rapids at the current location of Richmond blocked further exploration by ship.
Wow. That’s way better than the green stuff in the middle of the river here in STL ( Mississippi ) God knows what that stuff is. 🤣

Take a look at how much they have grown! If you look at the left side of the picture just over top of the brown railing, you can see the north/south bound traffic on Interstate 95. The brick building with the watch tower next to the interstate is the old Richmond Main Street Station. Some of you may have ridden past it at some point.

Last edited:
There was a falcon cam in Phoenix for a nest on the Maricopa County building. Word got out and gained a lot of followers. The single chick got too curious before it could fly and one day there was no falcon cam. Many were quite devastated. Their survival rate doesn't seem to be very high.

Back