testtest

Rock Island Armory A1

Old_Me

Ronin
my newest arrival, an A1, (with sales tax $535) and my 2nd RIA 1911.

picked it up earlier this morning, field stripped and cleaned/lubed it.

i was surprised too, that this one came bone dry. my 1st one, i had to use like 4 rolls of paper towels to sop up the "preservative" oiling it got.

i also got these Nighthawk Custom mags, (at another LGS), they sell for $10 less than the W/C mags i usually buy. (i actually bought like 15 NHC mags, i went wild)

hopefully, a range trip thursday morning, friday the latest.

i like too, that RIA includes the shell casing from it's test firing. not too many 1911 makers i have bought from, supply you with this.

i care less the pricing of some 1911's, from this RIA, to the Tisas, all the way up the my 2 D/W's...

i like the 1911 platform in .45 ACP only, and i try to be open minded on who builds them, what country they are from. all i care about is the fun at the range.

i can't say i have had any issues with the low priced 1911's. nor any issues with the high end priced ones.

range report at a later time, in my "target" thread.

i thought i included a pic..???

if something went kafooey, here it is...(before i tore it apart, cleaned, lubed it, and coated the exterior as well.

1659538192788.png

Good ol’ Rock Island !
My first 1911 (GI model, same as above) and I think my first .45…

Out to 30ft, about as accurate as anything else I’ve got…and uber reliable. Runs anything I feed it :)

well, if my 1st RIA is any indication of good, shooting, then this one should not disappoint. my hope is to get to the club thursday morning, maybe shoot 100 rounds, a combo of reloaded and factory new.

that's the plan i "hope" to follow thru with.

i have a problem, i'm a 1911 addict.......

anyone know of a 12 step plan to recovery..???

by the way..this 1911..........makes it 12 in my collection, so far............ :LOL: :ROFLMAO: 🙄

i need help......... i cannot say no to a 1911, or a red head with green eyes, or blue eyes.........or freckles..........

oh yeah, 1 more thing..this RIA, like my other one....??

has an all metal MSH (mainspring housing), where as my slightly over $1,000 Kimber..??

had a plastic one......(which was switched out with an Ed Brown MSH)

not to pick on Kimber, i have other 1911's, that came with a plastic MSH..... as well.

anyone have a RIA .22 lr..???

a guy at the range has one, and loves it. but says to field strip it, is a gigantic PITA....

anyone else here..????

well, if my 1st RIA is any indication of good, shooting, then this one should not disappoint. my hope is to get to the club thursday morning, maybe shoot 100 rounds, a combo of reloaded and factory new.

that's the plan i "hope" to follow thru with.

i have a problem, i'm a 1911 addict.......

anyone know of a 12 step plan to recovery..???

by the way..this 1911..........makes it 12 in my collection, so far............ :LOL: :ROFLMAO: 🙄

i need help......... i cannot say no to a 1911, or a red head with green eyes, or blue eyes.........or freckles..........
12 1911’s… if you could only take one with you, which one would it be?

ok, took the RIA A1 to the club. shot the 1st 50 rds of reloaded, 230 gr, RN.

the second volley was 50 rds, S&B, 230 gr as well.

i had to put some paint on the front sight, much like another A1 that i have, due to not being able to see the "slim" front sight with out my glasses.

then, if i wear my glasses..?? i cannot see the target, as they are reading glasses.

i have "magnifying" safety glasses, but then too, i cannot see the target if i wear those.

so to paint that front sight, works best for me..

1659627645791.png

now, this is the 2nd target, with the factory new S&B ammo...

aside from 2 low fliers, i did quite well...

what irked me, was that i shot low once, then i felt sorry for the lonely flier, and did it a second time.....now, they are keeping each other company.

otherwise, to me, a 1911 that does quite well. for the pricing...i'm, happy with the results......mostly all others in the "kill zone"

1659627780811.png

Great shooting. All shots were center mass.......
thanks, that's what i "strive" for, rather than getting a closer grouping, which i "can do" if i concentrate, but i am not in this for competition, but for self/home defensive practicing. competition shooting is fine no doubt, but i am not certain, under stress, if i will be able to group all my shots, which frankly, i don't think anyone can.

i love ALL my 1911's.........even if 1, looks like a fish....... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Back