testtest

Ronin 9mm full disassembly

Does anyone know if a full disassembly on a Ronin 9mm 4.25” barrel is the same as a regular.45 caliber 1911?
Mike, are u talking about just taking the barrel out of the gun?
There’s really no “full disassembly” vs, say, “field stripping” a 1911 barrel. Only thing that can be done is remove the link & pin.

A bit more info is needed :)

I could be wrong, but I believe the "barrel" is just included as part of the description of the firearm, and not a specific question, as part of the disassembly.
Ronin 9mm 4.25” barrel, as so many descriptions include barrel length.

I could be wrong, but I believe the "barrel" is just included as part of the description of the firearm, and not a specific question, as part of the disassembly.
Ronin 9mm 4.25” barrel, as so many descriptions include barrel length.
Gotcha, you’re surely correct. I read to much into it :)

Field stripping isn’t an issue. I just wanted to verify if the slide disassembly (firing pin and extractor) are the same for the Ronin commander as a regular 45.

Same with the frame disassembly. I assume that the process to remove all of the parts from the frame are the same between a 9mm and 45 would be the same.

Does anyone know if a full disassembly on a Ronin 9mm 4.25” barrel is the same as a regular.45 caliber 1911?
Offside question…..does anyone know who manufactures the proprietary mags for the RONIN EMP 1911 9mm (holds 10 rds)?

Also, are there any compatible mags from other companies ? ie., Wilson Combat etc

If he purchased the gun new it comes with a manual that explains cleaning disassembly. There should be no need to completely disassemble a new gun.
Clean it, oil it, shoot it.
I got some oil inside the extractor and firing pin. New gun, I just fouled up a bit. Plus I like takin things apart.

I got mine off the Springfield site. Work great.
I did as well…..however, a lot of people are having various problems with the RONIN EMP in 9mm:

-FTF (failure to feed), inability to eject the spent cartridge, as well as the empty mag not locking back the slide.

Sent it back to SA who were able to fix it:
-the extractor near the firing pin on the slide, could not pull the spent cartridge out of the chamber…..so they increased the angle so it could grab better

-the slide ramp attached to the barrel (steep in all 1911’s) was reamed and polished to make more slick and easier for round to chamber

-the mag upper edges were bent more: when loading the mag, the last round would “nose dive” trying to enter the chamber, getting blocked on the steep slide.

Load your mag…then slowly push the round out with your finger….look to see if “nose dives”.

The best mags (but $$$) for the 1911 are the Wilson Combat and MEC-GAR……bit I don’t think they yet have any compatability.

Back