testtest

Ronin Ambi safety?

I’m buying a Wilson Combat’s ambi. safety as well, they have three different paddle sizes and SS or blued color finishes to choose from. As I’m a “Southpaw” too. MAN, the mag release must have a 20 lb. spring! Very hard to push, even with no mag.

I don't think so. Mine (10mm) does not have the notch machined into the right side of slide that the safety locks in place when engaged. Maybe a gunsmith could machine the notch and then refinish the slide for you.
You don’t need that notch on a ambi safety on a 1911.
1640549094922.jpeg

1640549191251.jpeg

From a Ronin review...

Right now, Springfield doesn’t have any plans to release a lefty version. Humphries told me they decided to cut the ambidextrous safety to keep the price low. This is obviously a bummer for the lefties among us, but aftermarket 1911 products are easy to find—along with reputable gunsmiths to install them.

Sav: if you change out the grips, try to get them cut for the ambi safety… see Anni’s top pic and not the lower arm on the safety where it sticks underneath the black grip.
I also want to get the barrel polished, to look like shiny chrome, and thicker wood grips, then it’s PERFECT! 😀😀

Back