testtest

Ruger LC Carbine (5.7x28)

Most are out of stock, but I'll check
Yeah, PSA is out of stock but allows for notification. OP doesn't say out of stock but has "Check for Availability" link. But like some posters on this forum have stated, OP sometimes indicates it's in stock, you order it, only to have them say it's out and Backorder-able. It's happened to me, sometimes I wait, other times I've canceled.

Most are out of stock, but I'll check
This on On Classic Firearm seems to be in stock. It looks like they also sell additional 50 round mags for about $16.60.

Yeah, PSA is out of stock but allows for notification. OP doesn't say out of stock but has "Check for Availability" link. But like some posters on this forum have stated, OP sometimes indicates it's in stock, you order it, only to have them say it's out and Backorder-able. It's happened to me, sometimes I wait, other times I've canceled.
That's the irritating part getting the back order after paying.

This on On Classic Firearm seems to be in stock. It looks like they also sell additional 50 round mags for about $16.60.

@BET7 I have an older version of that on an AR lower. Works fine with FN and/or the AR57-brand mags.

Interesting talk with Tom Gresham and Ruger's Brandon Trevino on "Gun Talk" (duration 11:54) about the Ruger 5.7x28 LC Carbine and their also announces SFAR 308's they announced. While talking about the availability & price of 5.7 ammo, Brandon mentioned rumors that seemed to hint at Ruger manufacturing their own ammo? I personally haven't heard that rumor, but that would be interesting.

Interesting talk with Tom Gresham and Ruger's Brandon Trevino on "Gun Talk" (duration 11:54) about the Ruger 5.7x28 LC Carbine and their also announces SFAR 308's they announced. While talking about the availability & price of 5.7 ammo, Brandon mentioned rumors that seemed to hint at Ruger manufacturing their own ammo? I personally haven't heard that rumor, but that would be interesting.

Federal has had issues with the 5.7 ammo that they produced, and FN has approved Fiocchi to be their approved 5.7 manufacturer in the US.

A local LGS and FN dealer, told me that FN would only allow them to sell FN 5.7 ammo due to issues with the Federal version.

I do not understand the appeal of the 5.7 round. I've shot it, I was completely underwhelmed.
What am I missing?

I do not understand the appeal of the 5.7 round. I've shot it, I was completely underwhelmed.
What am I missing?
FN designed it & it's platform the P90 as a CQB PDW round.

It fills that CQB role, and a good back-up to a shotgun in that role.

Otherwise, a spendy niche round.

Same here, but I need to try some Federal 5.7 to see how it does in my AR57.
@TEXASforLIFE

Besides the FN P90 mags these work as well and are cheaper.

I have a Ruger 57. Love it. When I got it ammo was 24.99 on sale for 19.99. Bought a bunch. Now, at 50.00 to 65.00, not buying any. Maybe when prices cCarbine. down to earth, I may pick up the carbine.

Back