testtest

Ruger takes on POF

Bro, get you a big 'ol .44 Magnum revolver. 8.5" or bigger. No scope. Bet you can hit a 7" gong at 100 yards with it consistently. I'm no crack shot and I can't count the deer I have taken with mine.
I've got a Springfield Armory XDm Elite with a 5¼" barrel in 10mm Auto, just for that purpose. 16 in the mag and 1 in the pipe plus 4 extra magazines!
I'll be putting either a Vortex Viper or Venom on it when I get my dimes and nickels daved up. I can bang steel with it at 100 yards with the opens, but the red dot will make it a lot easier on my tired old eyes.

Attachments

• XDm Elite 02.jpg
    XDm Elite 02.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 85
Took my 20" SFAR to the range yesterday and sighted in my "backup irons" - magpul pro offsets - b/c I haven't figured out which scope I want lol.
  • Accuracy: At 25 and 50 yards with offset iron sights (and my old eyes) I had nice .5-1.5" groups at the bench (I'm not a marksman). I'll wait til I get a scope before going 100+ yards.
  • The brake: I had double ear pro and honestly - the brake is loud but I thought it would be even worse than what it was and wow does it tame recoil. I love shooting this too much. It's like vegas - only walk in with the $ (ammo) you want to spend - and no more.
My next steps: need to find a scope that is OK close up but excellent at far out (as far as I can shoot a .308 accurately). For me, most of my hunting shots are within 150 yards, but I want to shoot steel out to 400+ yards. I probably can't take a .308 past too much past 500 yards - too much drop, too little skill. And then I'll shoot with and without the boomer brake.

My next steps: need to find a scope that is OK close up but excellent at far out (as far as I can shoot a .308 accurately). For me, most of my hunting shots are within 150 yards, but I want to shoot steel out to 400+ yards. I probably can't take a .308 past too much past 500 yards - too much drop, too little skill. And then I'll shoot with and without the boomer brake.
No personal experience, but have heard nothing but good about them. Unless you want to pay $2,500-$3,000 more for a Vortex.

No personal experience, but have heard nothing but good about them. Unless you want to pay $2,500-$3,000 more for a Vortex.
I’ve yet to hear anything solid about Swampfox…and the ones I’ve looked through don’t impress me…they’re Vortex Strike Eagle—which is a budget line—at best.

Back