testtest

Run on gun purchases with pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my local gun shops, I know the manager, told me he sold about $4,000.00 worth of various ammo in last 2 days..........people are just insane.
Same thing here =went to Cabelas in Delaware 9MM sold out - 2 local shops =sold out - My online targetsportsusa -10 day wait for shipping = Maybe ill just order toilet paper and sit awhile -OH NO all out of toilet paper !!!!!!

I know Massachusetts is limiting a few things like restaurants can only serve takeout and no gathering more then 25 people. NH just cancelled school for 3 weeks. Besides that not too much going on in NH.
Yeah, I know of a few States that are doing that with non essential businesses, but I personally haven’t heard of any doing martial law things (yet). I hope that stuff doesn’t happen in Pa., I want to go gun shopping tomorrow 😉

Yeah, I know of a few States that are doing that with non essential businesses, but I personally haven’t heard of any doing martial law things (yet). I hope that stuff doesn’t happen in Pa., I want to go gun shopping tomorrow 😉
I think the martial law thing is over hyped currently everywhere. Most of my friends and family live in Mass and I work there also and I haven't seen or heard anything too crazy yet. I have noticed traffic was very light last week though with most people working from home.

I think the martial law thing is over hyped currently everywhere. Most of my friends and family live in Mass and I work there also and I haven't seen or heard anything too crazy yet. I have noticed traffic was very light last week though with most people working from home.
I hear ya. I’m hoping most of the hoarders are done hoarding at the super markets, so they restock before I need to shop again.

I don't worry about panic shoppers. I worry about what the tyrants running our government are planning on doing. These are the same tyrants that would use ANY pretext to take your guns!

Hey jmcd, what’s going on up there? Any news from you about this 10mmLife? This is nuts 🥜. @jmcd @10mmLife
Hi Guys. Sorry for the delayed response. Wasn't able to log in yesterday. There is no martial law going on up here and they haven't set any curfews time wise for movement. Obviously, things are very fluid everywhere. Friday, the school district were I am cancelled for 2 weeks. As of yesterday, The governor shut schools down for 3 weeks state wide. Boston will start there closure tomorrow 3/17. This will allow the kids to clean out lockers, get their meds, etc. I heard a staggering stat yesterday that 72ish% of the kids in Boston are eligible for free lunches. They will have "drop points" through out Boston so the kids can get their lunches. Bars are closed as are eat in areas of restaurants. Takeout only for the restaurants. No gatherings of more than 25 people. Anyone caught in the food business that violates this (in Boston) will have their business license suspended for 30 days.
Grocery store shelves have a lot of empty space, ammo is non existent for the more popular rounds.
As far as the firearms licenses, there never seemed to be any urgent priority in this state to process them. It doesnt surprise me at all that this has started to happen. Any excuse they have to not do it they will jump on. My town wont do this unless it comes from the state level.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I went to my local gun shop to use their range, and picked up 2 boxes of 9mm for about $9 per box, and then proceeded to put about 300 rounds of ammo down range that was in a big zip lock bag I brought from home in my range bag. Basically, I had 10 19 round XDM magazines loaded and ready to go when I got there, plus several more boxes from home of "old" ammo I wanted to burn through.

I came home with those two boxes of new 9mm range ammo unopened, and other than 50 rounds of Federal Hydrashok and 25 rounds of Hornady XTP, that's it for my 9mm stash until this craziness dies down. So that's about 175 rounds, with only 75 of it being personal defense ammo.

Of course, I have 500+ rounds of 22LR, about 200 rounds of .38 and 200-300 rounds of .380LCP, and 100+ rounds of #7 12ga birdshot. I think I can defend the house, but I won't be going shooting at the range unless I can buy more to replenish my stash.

I was at the local grocery yesterday (Sunday; Maryland) and there was plenty of general food. I was at the range's retail side on Friday and they said they were selling the hell out of long guns and ammo was just about gone. Handguns are always a problem in the People's Republik of Maryland...but they were doing a brisk business there as well, we'll just see how long the 7 day waiting period ends up being for those folks. But they say they started the day with 18 of a particular model of AR in stock, and ended the day with 1 left.

Like jfmorris above, I have a decent supply of ammo at home if needed but I'll definitely be cutting my range time for the moment, just to conserve what I've got until supply is back up. I'm "lower" on inventory than I'd like to be for my 9mm if I was making normal range visits... but for "bullets on hand" I guess I'm ok for the 9mm, .38, .308, and the 12ga.

Hi Guys. Sorry for the delayed response. Wasn't able to log in yesterday. There is no martial law going on up here and they haven't set any curfews time wise for movement. Obviously, things are very fluid everywhere. Friday, the school district were I am cancelled for 2 weeks. As of yesterday, The governor shut schools down for 3 weeks state wide. Boston will start there closure tomorrow 3/17. This will allow the kids to clean out lockers, get their meds, etc. I heard a staggering stat yesterday that 72ish% of the kids in Boston are eligible for free lunches. They will have "drop points" through out Boston so the kids can get their lunches. Bars are closed as are eat in areas of restaurants. Takeout only for the restaurants. No gatherings of more than 25 people. Anyone caught in the food business that violates this (in Boston) will have their business license suspended for 30 days.
Grocery store shelves have a lot of empty space, ammo is non existent for the more popular rounds.
As far as the firearms licenses, there never seemed to be any urgent priority in this state to process them. It doesnt surprise me at all that this has started to happen. Any excuse they have to not do it they will jump on. My town wont do this unless it comes from the state level.
Good to hear from you jmcd & thanks for the update. I was getting worried that they may have "hauled" you off for some minor infraction like coughing in public, trying to buy ammo, food, etc.,🗣🚷 👮‍♂️🤷‍♂️🔗➿ 🙏if martial law was indeed invoked there. It's good to hear you're still "on the job" in the State of Massachusetts

OK, just got back from the run up to LGS to see if they had 2 Beretta's I was interested in. This store is a second store to the main one that's located in a larger town where parking is hard to find. I go to the second store out in the sticks, since there's ample parking and a lot less crowded (5 max people at most when I've gone, but never went on a black Friday, which I was told is very crowded). Well today, there must of been 20-30 people there with 3 sales persons. I went to the Beretta display which is usually well stocked (wanted the APX Carry and new 92X Compact), and all they had were two PX4 Storm's & a full size 92FS. I already have a PX4 Storm in 40 cal and a compact 92FS that I recently bought. I heard people shouting out "what do you have in ammo" and "I'll take as much 9mm ammo that you have", etc., and at least one was going through a BGC for a firearm. I'm well stocked in both Firearms and ammunition, so I wasn't going to wait around to ask about the Beretta's for an answer I already knew was coming ("what you see, is all we have"). They did have several other firearm types, so it wasn't like the store was totally cleaned out, but I was only interested in those specific models, so I left. I may try again in a week or two, as the 92X rebate promotion that Beretta is running, ends March 31st.
I swear, these people must think martial law is going to be mandated and by gosh "I'm gonna get me what's mine! 🔫 , even if I have to stand in line all day". Yikes 🤦‍♂️

Good to hear from you jmcd & thanks for the update. I was getting worried that they may have "hauled" you off for some minor infraction like coughing in public, trying to buy ammo, food, etc.,🗣🚷 👮‍♂️🤷‍♂️🔗➿ 🙏if martial law was indeed invoked there. It's good to hear you're still "on the job" in the State of Massachusetts
Coughing in public might be a felony up here now. Yes. "Still on the job". I am not so patiently waiting for them to tell me to work from home though. :)

Coughing in public might be a felony up here now. Yes. "Still on the job". I am not so patiently waiting for them to tell me to work from home though. :)
Yeah, hear you on the work at home bit. My Sister works for a law firm running their accounting dept. and they haven't allowed working from home, even though they've set up for it. They're afraid some could not work as hard, since there was no in office oversight. I guess they'd rather them stay and get the virus and be more productive up to that point. 🤦‍♂️ They haven't even told all the employees on what their doing to combat this virus (but they certainly have told their clients). I told my Sister, just tell them your working at home and it unsafe and unwise to commute by train to get there. There's definitely some idiocy among companies still going on out there, concerning COVID-19 and its containment.

I just wonder what happens when grocery and drug employs come down with the virus?
Good question. I guess if they didn't have enough employees to cover for the sick and couldn't hire new, they'd have to close shop. The Governor in Pa. has grouped Grocery stores, Gas stations, and others, (I can't remember of the top of my head), as essential businesses that need to stay open during this crisis.

Good question. I guess if they didn't have enough employees to cover for the sick and couldn't hire new, they'd have to close shop. The Governor in Pa. has grouped Grocery stores, Gas stations, and others, (I can't remember of the top of my head), as essential businesses that need to stay open during this crisis.
That is a good question. That was brought up in a meeting I was in today. It wasn't about actually getting infected, it was about having to shut down entire departments due to staff quarantining becasue of a possible exposure. Who would take care of patients? It got real after that with major changes occurring in the hospital starting on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Do you think @10mmLife went out there and beat you to it? :)

That's a bummer you driving out there for not. People are buying everything that isn't nailed down.
Without a doubt. He went there and either bought the 92X (he already has the APX Carry (or so he says :unsure:), or paid a little to have them move it. The 🤡, er, guy just doesn't want me to increase my totals count on him that's all. Very shrewd indeed. 😈

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back