testtest

Rusty Garrison follow up

fordag

Elite
So the Garrison went back to SA on 7 Sep. I sent it with a letter describing the issue and some additional items I wanted, and would pay to have done, trigger swap, mainspring housing swap, trigger work, grip screw swap.

On 16 Oct I received an email giving me a couple of options refinish the pistol in Black Cerakot or Black T at no cost or replace the pistol. As a possible explanation for the issues I was having there was this:

"With a blued pistol, using a silicone cloth or wipe to clean the gun requires the gun to be oiled after. This could be the cause of the gun rusting so quickly after you received it back."

Um, exsqueeze me?

I'm 52 years old, I inherited my first guns from my father when I was 11. He wiped all of his guns down with a Hoppes Silicone Cloth after cleaning them and before putting them away. I have continued to do that myself for the past 41 years, replacing old Hoppes silicone cloths every 6 months or so (probably excessive.) I own a few guns, about two dozen of them are 1911s, a couple of them beautifully blued Colts, plus several older, high gloss blued S&Ws among other items. Not one of my guns has rusted after wiping it down with a silicone cloth and leaving it the safe. The only oil I have ever wiped my guns down with is the silicone oil impregnated in a silicone cloth.

I called the number on the email and got voicemail and left a brief message. No call back. The next day I sent an email saying I'd prefer the Black T finish. I got an email back saying they'd do that one. I left another voicemail asking to discuss the other items I wanted to get done. No call back. 27 Oct I get an email saying my pistol is done and they are shipping it back on the 30th.

I received it back on 1 Nov. No one from Springfield ever spoke to me on the phone after the initial customer service person who sent out the FedEx label.

The gun looks great, I really like the look of the Black t finish. I put a couple hundred rounds through it, with no jams or failures of any kind. It's shoots nice tight groups. I ran a hundred of my carry HPs through it with zero issues and by the following weekend I swapped it in as my daily carry gun. I put 50-100 rounds through it every week during my normal training. I have to say cleaning it is an absolute breeze, carbon wipes off the Black T finish with nothing more than a cotton cloth.

I'll swap out the parts I wanted swapped out myself, I have no idea why Springfield didn't want to do it, I only wanted parts they already had on hand and i expected to pay for them.

I'll definitely consider the Black T finish in the future for carry guns.

I give SA customer service a C for not responding to voicemails and for not even acknowledging the other items in my letter, that I clearly stated I was expecting to pay for.

Glad you got a finish you like and that your gun shoots as it is supposed to. Too bad no one bothered to read or respond to your letter requesting changes. It's a simple thing to acknowledge and something that can go a long way towards good relations.

Springfield also sent me a price list.
The just don't advertise it on their website.
maybe then they "send out that work" (aka sub-let) out to a vendor or 2, so then THAT vendor is fully responsible, if any lawsuits arise..???

They do custom work, and I only wanted parts from a Mil-Spec put on the Garrison. I was happy to pay for the parts and the labor.
They do some custom work but nothing like they used to.
lMF9wAT.jpg

uW6NHhw.jpg

Back