testtest

S 66 - Kalifornia is not enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
No permit to purchase in MT for anything. Just do the background check or if you have a CCW you don't need to do a BGC.

I thought it was crazy to get a permit to purchase in MN, and have a CCW and still have to do a BGC.

Plus we have no beer restrictions in the supermarket, and can buy good wine there also. I wish the MT Legislature would ease up on the alcohol % so Costco could sell Port & hard liquor like they can do in WA state.
Costco does sell wine and hard liquor here.

Yeah, is suppose I should have been more specific. I meant all the "are you a murderer, terrorist, expat, or illegal immigrant questions.
Yeah, hear ya benstt. I wish I could just drawn a straight line though 11b-11i and 12b-12d.1 in the NO boxes. I'm always afraid I'll check NO to a new question they've added, that I should have checked YES for, so I read each question just in case. When asked by Local Gun Store "are you familar on how to fill this out?", I answer "Yeah, yeah, just give me the damn pen" :), I bought so many guns, I know the routine. :cool:

Wait, you don't need a permit to purchase a handgun or AR/AK in Montana? It is irritating to have to get that from the sheriff and still have to do the NICS check. I've been delayed a couple times in the last year despite a clean record. There are no "yes" checkmarks on my 4473.

Don't get me wrong I liked the following in MN...
  1. Lefsa
  2. Lingonberry jelly
  3. Lutafisk
  4. Wild rice soup at the Grand Ely Lodge
  5. Piragis
  6. The Ore boats in Duluth
  7. Pasties
  8. Potica

Yeah, hear ya benstt. I wish I could just drawn a straight line though 11b-11i and 12b-12d.1 in the NO boxes. I'm always afraid I'll check NO to a new question they've added, that I should have checked YES for, so I read each question just in case. When asked by Local Gun Store "are you familar on how to fill this out?", I answer "Yeah, yeah, just give me the **** pen" :), I bought so many guns, I know the routine. :cool:
Until they change it :(

No permit to purchase in MT for anything. Just do the background check or if you have a CCW you don't need to do a BGC.

I thought it was crazy to get a permit to purchase in MN, and have a CCW and still have to do a BGC.

Plus we have no beer restrictions in the supermarket, and can buy good wine there also. I wish the MT Legislature would ease up on the alcohol % so Costco could sell Port & hard liquor like they can do in WA state.
No permit in Pa. for Firearms or Ammo. Firearms are just your drivers license and BGC. I wish we were like Montana and could forego the BGC if we had the Carry permit. No such luck yet, but I heard a State Rep. or Senator is proposing just that, plus honoring any other States permit, even if the person with that permit doesn't reside there. This would give relief to those in States that don't provide permits (like NJ & NY, by me in Pa.), but would honor that resident if they had let's say a Utah permit.

Fienstien's at it again

Thanks for posting that. I will be passing it on.

Yeah, hear ya benstt. I wish I could just drawn a straight line though 11b-11i and 12b-12d.1 in the NO boxes. I'm always afraid I'll check NO to a new question they've added, that I should have checked YES for, so I read each question just in case. When asked by Local Gun Store "are you familar on how to fill this out?", I answer "Yeah, yeah, just give me the **** pen" :), I bought so many guns, I know the routine. :cool:
I still read each of those questions and my answers out loud just to be sure I don't do something silly like say I've renounced my citizenship. The people at my local store know me by name so they're pretty used to me muttering like a crazy person.

IMO those states that make you jump through the CCW hoops (FBI check & fingerprints), and then still make you go through the background check process every time really don't trust the law-abiding citizens that get a CCW.
Pa. Is a bit different. No fingerprints for CCW, and BGC is same as firearms. They go through Pa. State Police check that probably ties into the NICS DB. Utah required FBI & fingerprint check, passport type photo & 4 hour gun class, given by NRA certified instructor, for first time applicants. I just renewed both Pa. (just standard firearm BGC, no referrals), and Utah (just passport type photo, copy of Pa. CCW, & 20 minute safety video), all provide online

VT is good. No license or permitting required Actually, the 3 states north of me are all good. Right @10mmLife? I wish that would filter across the country.
NH is a constitutional carry state that extends that right to every state in the Union. You do not need to have an LTC in you're home state to carry in NH you just need to meet the federal legal standard to possess a firearm.

NH is a constitutional carry state that extends that right to every state in the Union. You do not need to have an LTC in you're home state to carry in NH you just need to meet the federal legal standard to possess a firearm.
Thank goodness for that, & I believe that’s the same for all the other constitutional carry states out there as well. :unsure::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back