testtest

S&W mod2 M&P 10mm Texas Size Review! Brought to you by TFL

Finally had time to mount the Leupold Delta Point Pro 2.5moa dot. A few pics for now before range time. 4" compact with manual safety is only .2" longer than the SA XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP 10mm. With the Leupold I don't have use of the suppressor height sights with the needed adapter plate. Big bummer! Trigger pull of a 10 pull test average of 4# 12oz with the most being 5# 3oz. No feel of overtravel, but pretravel is significant due to the trigger safety. Laser sighted at 10 yards and will varify at range. I will use factory ammo for now. I'll add pics of ammo brands for testing. PPU list mv @ 1,083 and me @ 469. Armscor list mv @ 1008 and me @ 406. I'm sure mv will be less and maybe chronoed?
20220101_032600.jpg
20220101_032928.jpg

I carry an XDm 10mm as my edc. It was a bit snappy at first. but I finally got it under control and feel safer knowing the gun can take down anything that tries to do harm to my loved ones. It's a bit bigger than what I used to carry, but I dress around it. 10mm is a fine cartridge for personal defense in my opinion.

I carry an XDm 10mm as my edc. It was a bit snappy at first. but I finally got it under control and feel safer knowing the gun can take down anything that tries to do harm to my loved ones. It's a bit bigger than what I used to carry, but I dress around it. 10mm is a fine cartridge for personal defense in my opinion.
My edc as well. I found the 10mm no more snappy than my previous 3.8compact .45acp.
Fwiw.

I only bought the 4" version for barrel upgrades/changes, because with some of the longer ones you can't get it in ported or threaded in some brands. With the SA 4.5" 10mm Bar-Sto has ported/threaded option, but not for the 5.25" barrel. Being the first compact labeled model I've bought I'll see how it goes? I don't carry every day and seldom do anywhere else with weight not being a concern/issue/problem. This is the 1st manual safety handgun I've owned since '86.

Finally had time to mount the Leupold Delta Point Pro 2.5moa dot. A few pics for now before range time. 4" compact with manual safety is only .2" longer than the SA XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP 10mm. With the Leupold I don't have use of the suppressor height sights with the needed adapter plate. Big bummer! Trigger pull of a 10 pull test average of 4# 12oz with the most being 5# 3oz. No feel of overtravel, but pretravel is significant due to the trigger safety. Laser sighted at 10 yards and will varify at range. I will use factory ammo for now. I'll add pics of ammo brands for testing. PPU list mv @ 1,083 and me @ 469. Armscor list mv @ 1008 and me @ 406. I'm sure mv will be less and maybe chronoed? View attachment 23751View attachment 23752
TFL Pod Cast, TFL Pod Cast!!!!

My edc as well. I found the 10mm no more snappy than my previous 3.8compact .45acp.
Fwiw.
I agree, I was expecting a big recoil snappy gun out of the 3.8 10mm compact and was pleasantly surprised it felt no different then my XD Mod2 45ACP when I owned that and shot it all the time. Now my new XDM 4.5 45ACP is a sweet shooter. I love Springfield handguns.

Though I don't have any OSP ready pistols I have been contemplating a few. But, as best I can tell there doesn't really appear to be any standards for the mounting footprints. Seems every other post you read here is someone asking what plate should they be using.

Do any manufacturers publish what RDS units are compatible WITHOUT adding an adapter plate? I just think it strange that the XDM 10mm Compact Elite needs a plate to mount the Dragonfly while the Hellcat does not need a plate for the Wasp. It's like saying let's raise it high enough to make sure you can't use the gun's sights. The whole process of adding an RDS to a pistol seems (to me anyway) to be an exercise in aggravation.

I also think adding an adapter plate is just another point of failure, another spot things could loosen up.

So, are there any standards at all out there?

Though I don't have any OSP ready pistols I have been contemplating a few. But, as best I can tell there doesn't really appear to be any standards for the mounting footprints. Seems every other post you read here is someone asking what plate should they be using.

Do any manufacturers publish what RDS units are compatible WITHOUT adding an adapter plate? I just think it strange that the XDM 10mm Compact Elite needs a plate to mount the Dragonfly while the Hellcat does not need a plate for the Wasp. It's like saying let's raise it high enough to make sure you can't use the gun's sights. The whole process of adding an RDS to a pistol seems (to me anyway) to be an exercise in aggravation.

I also think adding an adapter plate is just another point of failure, another spot things could loosen up.

So, are there any standards at all out there?
Springfield has on their website a list of what Red Dot Optic fits each OSP ready gun they make, of course you can get plates to mount others.

After getting past the trigger safety travel there seems to be a fair amount of creep or it's just the spring I'm hearing? Past the spring noise the break is good. In the photo at this point is where the break will start and fires when reaching the protrusion behind the trigger. Still no creep, just a clean break.
20220101_161916.jpg

With owning sig, glock and s&w that came with mounting plates and the manual showed which plate too use for specific rds.
TL,
I'm curious where this list of compatible red dots is also. If I were to buy an OSP ready pistol I would find a compatible RDS. My point is why do you need or even want a mounting plate?

Also, I downloaded the XDM Elite Compact 3.8" OSP manual. It says it is for all XDMs and calibers but has no reference to the OSP slide. So I'm guessing SA may send some sort of manual addendum in the box.

Hence my aggravation, you can't find anything without asking someone who's already been through all the hassle.

Where is that located on the site?
Can you provide a link, I'm futzing around on the phone not finding it.
Go to store and click on Firearm Accessories, scroll down to click the optic your interested in, again scroll down, you will also see a mounting plate click or touch that and you’ll see a list of RDS and the guns and plates offered.

I'm not seeing any list.

I see this under the Hex Wasp
HEX™ Wasp™ Micro Red Dot Sight - 3.5 MOA
Fits Hellcat OSP and XD-S Mod.2 OSP.

I see this under the Hex Dragonfly
HEX™ Dragonfly™ Red Dot Sight - 3.5 MOA
Fits XD-M Elite OSP with mounting
plate.

The Wasp is compatible with 2 guns without any plates.

So if the Dragonfly is only "compatible" with 1 gun in the SA line up, if you use a plate, why didn't they make the slide hole pattern match the Dragonfly or the Dragonfly hole pattern match the slide? Why make it so it has to have a plate? I don't see a list of other 3rd party RDS and plates needed.

Anyway, I'm just not fond of needing a plate to make the sight fit, its jerry-rigged, which is probably why I don't own an OSP ready pistol already.

I'm not seeing any list.

I see this under the Hex Wasp
HEX™ Wasp™ Micro Red Dot Sight - 3.5 MOA
Fits Hellcat OSP and XD-S Mod.2 OSP.

I see this under the Hex Dragonfly
HEX™ Dragonfly™ Red Dot Sight - 3.5 MOA
Fits XD-M Elite OSP with mounting
plate.

The Wasp is compatible with 2 guns without any plates.

So if the Dragonfly is only "compatible" with 1 gun in the SA line up, if you use a plate, why didn't they make the slide hole pattern match the Dragonfly or the Dragonfly hole pattern match the slide? Why make it so it has to have a plate? I don't see a list of other 3rd party RDS and plates needed.

Anyway, I'm just not fond of needing a plate to make the sight fit, its jerry-rigged, which is probably why I don't own an OSP ready pistol already.
Some have the same "footprint" as others. Vortex, dragonfly (?) and a few others use the same plates and some without plates are compatible. I used too have my own list if what rds I have that use the same mounts.

Back