testtest

S&W New Product announcement Jan. 22 2024

My 1970 Marlin 336 in 30-30 still runs fine and it didn't cost me anywhere near the price of these new lever guns.

Being as I am on a limited income these days , I have to have a need for a new firearm before I will spend the money.
While it seems like a nice rifle and I wish them luck other than my wish for a 3” Model 13 or new 3rd Gen 5900,4000,1000 or 4566 so far with the 2 products I know if Im interested in the blued version of the new J frame carry.

I like this and could see me trading my 642 PC for one. Mostly because of the better sights but the trigger would have to be as good on mine or no dice.

What are $1500-$2400 lever action rifles being used for and do that other platforms can't? What am I missing? Just seems like a small niche "just because I have extra money and I have a lever action fetish" firearm.

This is a tired cliche.

Name your favorite gun, and I can bet I can name something that’s cheaper and better.

Just because you don’t get it, doesn’t mean it’s not there.

Currently VP9SK, but there's a good chance it may end up being the Masada S. You're gonna be hard pressed to find something cheaper and better than that.
I’d maybe go to the PSA Dagger…slight edge for accepting Glock mags, and other Glock parts.. I’ve shot a few, and never seen any issues.

But…it’s not a whole lot cheaper, at $350. Blems have come out for as low as $250, though, iirc.

I’d maybe go to the PSA Dagger…slight edge for accepting Glock mags, and other Glock parts.. I’ve shot a few, and never seen any issues.

But…it’s not a whole lot cheaper, at $350. Blems have come out for as low as $250, though, iirc.
I doubt the build quality is better. Or the trigger. I've read and watched a ton of reviews of the MS. It is supposed to be amazing to shoot. I'll know soon enough I guess. Now this is just premonition or gut feeling or whatever you want to call it, but this is the first inexpensive firearm that my stupid brain kept needling me until I bought one. Could be that I am biased. I do dig IWI.

Unfortunately if you want a quality one from an American company that’s what you are going to have to pay. While the MSRP seems high they will be a couple hundred less Runger had to make new machines as the old Marlin equipment was unserviceable. S&W obviously had to start from scratch. Henry is a little cheaper but not by much

The days of 400-600 dollar Marlins are long gone.

Rossi and a few others are decent and in the 7
6-700 range wether that is good enough is for each person to decide.
And that's why I will probably have a decent lever action.

I was just asking what they're used for and why people are still buying them lol. I wasn't bashing or saying that there was anything wrong with those who want one.

For me, a good lever gun has a few practical applications:

1) I live in the northern Rockies, and I want a 'camp gun' chambered in a round that has proven effectiveness against large animals at close range. I didn't want an 'AR-type' rifle for this usage. And for this purpose, being able to mount a WML on the gun is also very useful, as many animal encounters happen in low light. It really wasn't about trying to make a "tacticool" lever gun, it was about outfitting a firearm with what it needs for the role I built it for.

2) Travel to states that have mag restrictions.

Back