testtest

SA Emissary .45 acp 5” model availability

This is my first post here so here goes.
I was looking to treat myself for my birthday last November 2021 with a 5” Emissary in .45 acp. Seven months later and my local dealer still can’t get one from his distributor so I retrieved my deposit and now I’m looking elsewhere. So far I’ve only come across a couple of outfits that have sold out quickly at my price point and everywhere else they’re gouging with prices over $1300.
Does anyone have a way to contact SA to get an order to them directly to my FFL? Is there anything I can do without getting boned?
Thanks in advance everyone!
BB

list price IS at least $1349.

it depends on the LGS's and the demand of a particular gun.

the more popular and scarce it is, the higher the pricing, i have found.

i had to wait at least 1 month for mine to arrive, and i paid just under full retail, but not much under.

other guns i have bought, i got many below retail

i am not sure S/A will ship one specific for you, unless you work out a deal at the LGS with a deposit, to ensure YOU get it, not someone else.

also, your LGS might be low on the ship list for S/A products.

i'd stay away from the gun auction sites, those prices will be much higher, again, demand dictates pricings

you can try contacting S/A for what you want to do, including the LGS FFL number as proof that's where is' going.

but i'd not wish upon a star, it'll happen.

I was trying to avoid paying list. I’ve seen a couple of legit listings in the $1250 - $1290 range (some even lower!)
I guess I’ll have to keep looking…
Has anyone had any luck reaching out to S/A directly? I can certainly provide my FFL’s info.

I was looking to treat myself for my birthday last November 2021 with a 5” Emissary in .45 acp. Seven months later and my local dealer still can’t get one from his distributor so I retrieved my deposit and now I’m looking elsewhere. So far I’ve only come across a couple of outfits that have sold out quickly at my price point and everywhere else they’re gouging with prices over $1300.
Does anyone have a way to contact SA to get an order to them directly to my FFL? Is there anything I can do without getting boned?
BB
How much did you see it for or what price did LGS quote you in Nov 2021 ??

LGS quoted $1200 back in November but couldn’t come through. Best price online I found was $1147 but I missed it being in stock by a few days waiting for my refund.
Very frustrating…

LGS quoted <1200 and I found a dealer online for $1157. I might be in luck though.
Make sure the online dealer is legit.

There's a ton of scam sites out there that have already taken a lot of money from people hoping to get a deal.

See thread below to hear about some people taken by scammers.

BB
There is no LGS that gets guns directly from Springfield Armory. Your local LGS would get them from a distributor that SA deals with.

I’ve bought from Gritr Sports, Primary Arms and Impact Guns. These are available online now.
A0342874-7483-49EB-A0D4-4288946AD4BD.png

There is no LGS that gets guns directly from Springfield Armory. Your local LGS would get them from a distributor that SA deals with.
Technically yes, but also no. You get mega dealers like Gunprime/Birmingham Pistol Wholesale that is so large they act like their own Distributor and then they also belong to buying groups. Buying groups are basically a co-op of mega dealers that combine in buying power. Theses buyers groups buy direct. Think of companies like Palmetto State, Academy etc they are so large they surpass even distributors. Now your average gunshop that does under several million a year in sales will not qualify for the buyers groups and have to fight for products from distributors against all the other thousands of gun shops.

Technically yes, but also no. You get mega dealers like Gunprime/Birmingham Pistol Wholesale that is so large they act like their own Distributor and then they also belong to buying groups. Buying groups are basically a co-op of mega dealers that combine in buying power. Theses buyers groups buy direct. Think of companies like Palmetto State, Academy etc they are so large they surpass even distributors. Now your average gunshop that does under several million a year in sales will not qualify for the buyers groups and have to fight for products from distributors against all the other thousands of gun shops.
this is true. my LGS is a distributor and large stocking dealer, for several brands, they get deliveries of whatever is available. but if a particular firearm is new and popular, they also just have to wait, just not as long as smaller stores.

one ad just for this weeked, with over 1,000 S&W available.

next week or so, maybe CZ, maybe S/A, maybe NightHawk........who knows..??

1656072515441.png

Back