testtest

SA, Please make a 10 Round Magazine for the Hellcat

The Hellcat is an exceptional gun when you just think of quality and conceal carry. However, I have many friends that desire the Hellcat, but they live in California, and anything above 10 rounds is considered illegal in that tough on guns state. With that, I believe that you would open a big door for sales if you were to make a 10 round magazine. A 10 round magazine would also make way for me to take my Hellcat with me to Cali, without worrying about the added nonsense of laws surrounding the ideas or ability to have magazines with greater capacity.

California defines a large capacity magazine as "any ammunition feeding device with a capacity to accept more than 10 rounds." Such devices are commonly called high-capacity magazines.

Granted, the law seemingly goes back and forth, but this is still an issue; however, a 10 round magazine would be a quick resolve for people to buy the Hellcat without the added concerns of the law. Just a thought...

We really need a factory made 10 round magazine for the Hellcat. I have a concealed carry permit for Washington DC. Unfortunately a mag size reducer won’t fly in DC. The mag has to come from the factory with no ability to pull out the reducer and load more than 10 rounds. It should take the great Springfield engineers about 5 minutes to solve the design problem.

We really need a factory made 10 round magazine for the Hellcat. I have a concealed carry permit for Washington DC. Unfortunately a mag size reducer won’t fly in DC. The mag has to come from the factory with no ability to pull out the reducer and load more than 10 rounds. It should take the great Springfield engineers about 5 minutes to solve the design problem.
It should take the great folks of DC and other states to realize reverse is true and anyone could takenthe mag reducer from factory and modify.
wait never mind
Common sense and gun laws don't work
Only feel good laws work

How did you get a CCW for DC??

I live in MD and occasionally work in DC. Have my MD and PA (and thus VA) CCW...but have to lock it in the truck in DC.
MD is the one state us non-MD residents can rarely obtain. For DC you have to take a two day class, pass the written test, and then pass a range qualification test. Once you finish the training and associated paperwork you take it to DC to turn in, get photographed, and fingerprints. (~$110). It took around 4 months for the license to come through. Recommend you reach out to Mark Briley at Capital Defense Instruction. He can tell you when the next class s being held and the associated cost. (I don’t recall what I paid for the training). He and the attorney that teach the class (George Lyon) do a great job. (Mark@CapitalDefenseInstruction.com/800-528-5862)
JRN

Firstly California will never be able to get this gun until, the roster of "not unsafe hanguns" is destoyed! thats a real thing so that being the case lets just throw out all terms from cali yes other states have regulations im not familar with if its just capacity thats the issue thats easy to get around find a type 7 dealer firearms manufacture and ammunition manufacturer have them take delivery and modify the mag and ensure they works and then they will sell you the gun. type 9 10 and 11 could most likely help as well and posibly a type 1. which leaves you tons of options call around ask some dealers if they can modify mags for you.
JUST KNOW CALIFORNIA WILL NEVER SELL THIS GUN (((NEW))) TO ANYONE BUT A COP.

really i wouldnt lobby soringfield i would lobby the lawmakers in your state and counties to change the ridiculous laws that restrict your 2A rights. thats the real problem, springfield imprted/ marketed an amazingly well designed micro 9mm with the highest capacity avaiable to humans right now, and you are asking them to literally paint sunglasses and a visor on the mona lisa!?!?! if you want a 10 round micro 9mm GO BUY A GLOCK OR A RUGER or a fn 509 or a canik or a kahr or any other kicro 9mm im forgeting . the 365 is esentially the same gun just with sigs trigger in it. and guess what?! it has 10 round mags 🤔🤫🤫🤫

The Hellcat is an exceptional gun when you just think of quality and conceal carry. However, I have many friends that desire the Hellcat, but they live in California, and anything above 10 rounds is considered illegal in that tough on guns state. With that, I believe that you would open a big door for sales if you were to make a 10 round magazine. A 10 round magazine would also make way for me to take my Hellcat with me to Cali, without worrying about the added nonsense of laws surrounding the ideas or ability to have magazines with greater capacity.

California defines a large capacity magazine as "any ammunition feeding device with a capacity to accept more than 10 rounds." Such devices are commonly called high-capacity magazines.

Granted, the law seemingly goes back and forth, but this is still an issue; however, a 10 round magazine would be a quick resolve for people to buy the Hellcat without the added concerns of the law. Just a thought...
had to quote you incase your unaware look up the "not unsafe handgun roster" cali will never get and xds xdm hellcat xd mod 2, even gen 4 and 5 glocks cant be sold here its not just the mag anyone one who tells you diffrent is a fibber and a fatty. i lived in cali for 31 years finally got out last month. im very familiar with the laws regarding offroster guns i owned 8 xdm pistols all with oem mags 19, 16 and 13 rounds respectively. buy from a cop is my only advice. seriously! im curently in cali visiting and i have a box with two xdm elite osp fde treaded 9mm's which have 22 round mags. all legal because im visting family and traveling thru the state. i also have a hellcat in my pocket!

No No No, SA can't make any kind of magazines until I get my 20 round drum for my 1911. I asked first! 😂

I think this is what you are looking for

MD is the one state us non-MD residents can rarely obtain. For DC you have to take a two day class, pass the written test, and then pass a range qualification test. Once you finish the training and associated paperwork you take it to DC to turn in, get photographed, and fingerprints. (~$110). It took around 4 months for the license to come through. Recommend you reach out to Mark Briley at Capital Defense Instruction. He can tell you when the next class s being held and the associated cost. (I don’t recall what I paid for the training). He and the attorney that teach the class (George Lyon) do a great job. (Mark@CapitalDefenseInstruction.com/800-528-5862)

Yep, the People's Republik of Maryland is tough. I wish I had an "in" for ya, but they use the same stupid "may-issue" "must have a good and substantial reason" excuse that they do for residents...

I appreciate the info for DC, I'll absolutely look into that. Thank you.

We have the 10 round limit here in NJ also, and all the guns at the LGS that had a higher capacity(virtually any double stack) were sold with compliant mags. Visually it looked like they crimped the mag at the 10 round mark,but inside there could have been a plate to stop any that may want to slip by.
After witnessing that, i gotta believe that gun manufacturers are well aware of what has to be done to sell a firearm in any given state. In fact ,I often hear the term California compliant, and not just in firearms

I live in CA and have a hellcat with 7 mags :) all blocked to 10 and work great.

Back