testtest

SA58 - (Fn FAL) Para build completed

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
Finally got my SA58/FAL Para build completed.
Mix of parts from Steyr, Imbel, FN & DS Arms on this Para build.

been collecting parts here and there and ordering this/that as they came available.

well, I finally got it all together and off to the gunsmith for head-spacing and cerakote.

Cannot wait to get it out to the range !

going with a 1x6 LVPO on it with the July 4th sales. Have not decided which yet.

edit: I had it Cerakoted Dark Grey and Black( bottom photo- completed rifle)

17F15F86-DF0B-442E-BCCA-FA27C3565C9D.jpeg

193C00FF-EFBB-4BE7-8826-1E5638AC0743.jpeg
ADDA6302-023D-46DD-9D46-A0C9A21CBAFD.jpeg
7EBCA9BB-176D-443C-9FDC-FD35D25AEFCB.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice build.

My M444 FAL that I converted to a PARA awhile back. Basically, a near-copy of Brazilian PARA based on Crufflers review from back in the day.

http://www.cruffler.com/review-April-01-M444.html

The M444s were built (as full-sized rifles) from imported Chilean parts kits from FALs bought from Brazil, and then assembled using an IMBEL (Brazilian) SA receiver. Besides getting the 16" PARA barrel installed by ARS after the AWB sunsetted, I made the remaining conversions. Plus I recently added the keymod handguard. Ahh, the Golden Era of FAL parts kits imported.

DSCF4066 (2)_LI.jpg

DSCF4071 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Nice build.

My M444 FAL that I converted to a PARA awhile back. Basically, a near-copy of Brazilian PARA based on Crufflers review from back in the day.

http://www.cruffler.com/review-April-01-M444.html

The M444s were built (as full-sized rifles) from imported Chilean parts kits from FALs bought from Brazil, and then assembled using an IMBEL (Brazilian) SA receiver. Besides getting the 16" PARA barrel installed by ARS after the AWB sunsetted, I made the remaining conversions. Plus I recently added the keymod handguard. Ahh, the Golden Era of FAL parts kits imported.

View attachment 18717

View attachment 18716
Very nice !

My standard and Congo also have railed ARMS #3 dust covers, but have traditional handguards and stocks, except for the SAW grip which I consider superior to the original grip.

The keymod handguard on the PARA still retains a slim profile but is really nice to attach some rail sections in my standard AR handguard configuration, and to put the the AFG on to. I may switch that out with a Strike Industries handstop to slim it down more.

After trying some LPVO set-ups I went back to the ACOGs on my FALs since they work the best for me on the FAL, and I can still use the carry handle on the old-style 1/2 rail ARMS #3 dust covers.

Last edited:
My standard and Congo all have railed dust covers, but have traditional furniture, except for the SAW grip which I consider superior to the original grip.

The keymod handguard on the PARA still retains a slim profile but is really nice to attach some rail sections in my standard AR handguard configuration, and to put the the AFG on to. I may switch that out with a Strike Industries handstop to slim it down more.

After trying some LPVO set-ups I went back to the ACOGs on my FALs since they work the best for me on the FAL, and I can still use the carry handle on the old-style 1/2 rail ARMS #3 dust covers.
Nice
I got an Ergo grip for my modern styled one. Like that a lot. Kind of use that as my “research and development” rifle to try out new items.
Keep a couple more traditional.
I run a red dot one one, thermal on one, open sights on another and scope on the 4th

FAL is one of the best rifles (mil) ever made; what a shame nobody really makes them anymore…
DS Arms makes every shape and fashion you want brand new.

O… you can find all the aftermarket parts to do your own if you desire otherwise

DS Arms makes every shape and fashion you want brand new.

O… you can find all the aftermarket parts to do your own if you desire otherwise

Yes. and DSA for commercial use. But I think DSA is just about/or out of their original stash of mil-surplus parts which were mostly Austrian, and some other components from other countries.

Yes. and DSA for commercial use. But I think DSA is aout.or just about out of their original stash of mil-surplus parts which were mostly Austrian, and some other components from other countries.
They are out.
All newly made parts. Lowers, uppers, barrels, etc from the old Austrian machines they acquired to do so with .
I have not had any issues with DSA receivers as compared to my Imbel or Austrian. Though the metal is not as “quality” as the original builds for sure.

Back