testtest

Saint 9mm Mag Loading Problem

I just picked up a SV 9mm. Same thing. Royal PITA to load these mags. I have the one which came with the gun, and I bought four more. All behave the same. It takes a real hard push after the first couple rounds, to get the rest in there. I'm only at 15 rounds per mag right now, and my thumb is killing me.

Hahaha yeah, they break in quickly though!!

Good to know. I ran 50 rounds through it tonight. Two mags. Ran flawlessly. I was at C2 Tactical in Scottsdale (indoor), so I could only shoot out to 25 yards. The only thing wrong with that gun is its operator. :)

At 25 yards on a rest, I was putting bullets through the same hole with the OEM open sights. I'm going to like this gun. I have a spare AR drop-in trigger looking for a gun. I assume these Saints take a standard AR trigger, so I may toss it in tonight.

S.C.

Good to know. I ran 50 rounds through it tonight. Two mags. Ran flawlessly. I was at C2 Tactical in Scottsdale (indoor), so I could only shoot out to 25 yards. The only thing wrong with that gun is its operator. :)

At 25 yards on a rest, I was putting bullets through the same hole with the OEM open sights. I'm going to like this gun. I have a spare AR drop-in trigger looking for a gun. I assume these Saints take a standard AR trigger, so I may toss it in tonight.

S.C.

I would double check on that just to be safe because the lower is 9mm dedicated.

I would double check on that just to be safe because the lower is 9mm dedicated.
It’s a standard AR lower with a modified magwell that converts it to Colt SMG mags.

All small parts with the exception of the mag release (and sometimes hammer) are standard AR parts.

It takes standard AR triggers…but, as mentioned, it might use a slightly different pattern hammer.

I was pulling the Saint apart last night to try the trigger swap (as I have done many times with other ARs), and the hammer and spring took flight behind my very large, heavy, cluttered desk. It really wouldn't be a problem, but I can't get that friggin' safety out of the lower, and until I figure that out, I'd rather have the gun put back together. So, today I get to do something I've been putting off. Organize my desk, and then pull out the beast to retrieve the hammer and spring.

I may have a telescopic magnet in my tool box that could reach down and grab it. I'll have to check for that first.

S.C.

I was pulling the Saint apart last night to try the trigger swap (as I have done many times with other ARs), and the hammer and spring took flight behind my very large, heavy, cluttered desk. It really wouldn't be a problem, but I can't get that friggin' safety out of the lower, and until I figure that out, I'd rather have the gun put back together. So, today I get to do something I've been putting off. Organize my desk, and then pull out the beast to retrieve the hammer and spring.

I may have a telescopic magnet in my tool box that could reach down and grab it. I'll have to check for that first.

S.C.
You have to remove/loosen the grip in order to release pressure on the safety detente spring in order to remove the safety.

Back