testtest

Saint Edge in .300 blackout?

It is. Lots of good options around that barrel in length. But I'm looking for something shorter. A PDW that will easily fit in a motorcycle side case, maybe even some tank bags, without settling for pistol calibers. 6 inch barrel or less is what I really need.

It is. Lots of good options around that barrel in length. But I'm looking for something shorter. A PDW that will easily fit in a motorcycle side case, maybe even some tank bags, without settling for pistol calibers. 6 inch barrel or less is what I really need.
Or you can put a LAW tactical folder on it. It would easily fit in a motorcycle side bag. I often carry mine in a small backpack folded.

I posted this on another thread

I completely disagree with your statement that the 300BO shoots better then a 5.56 in a short barreled pistol. I owned the Saint Victor in 300BO and even with the adjustable gas block it refused to cycle a subsonic round reliably. The gun was lights out in supersonic. I understand a suppresser would have helped but I wasn’t going to pay the cost of doing that and also have the gun registered with the feds. It was sold. Up until the boating accident I owned the Saint Edge pistol in 5.56/.223 which ate everything I put through it WITHOUT constantly adjusting the gas block.
And before it’s asked I did have dedicated Mags made for the 300BO which made no difference.

I completely disagree with your statement that the 300BO shoots better then a 5.56 in a short barreled pistol. I owned the Saint Victor in 300BO and even with the adjustable gas block it refused to cycle a subsonic round reliably. The gun was lights out in supersonic. I understand a suppresser would have helped but I wasn’t going to pay the cost of doing that and also have the gun registered with the feds. It was sold. Up until the boating accident I owned the Saint Edge pistol in 5.56/.223 which ate everything I put through it WITHOUT constantly adjusting the gas block.
And before it’s asked I did have dedicated Mags made for the 300BO which made no difference.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Perhaps that is an issue with the saint line of rifles and why they are not going to offer that caliber. Almost everything I've read online says, as a general rule, 300 blk performs better in short barrel rifles than 5.56. A simple search "300 blk vs 5.56 short barrel" comes up with list of articles supporting that view. I'll have to search for more on 300blk and the saint line specifically. Special forces apparently is looking at 300blk to replace or supplement what they're using now. It is an extremely versatile cartridge.

Did you run 5.56 subsonic through the Saint Edge?

5.56 subsonic typically won't run even with a suppressor attached on most AR's.

It's unfortunate to hear about your boating accident and it's a grand coincidence considering I had one myself recently and lost every firearm I owned in the deep blue....😜

Last edited:
The Sig Rattler would fit the description of what your looking for perfectly with a 5.5 in .300blk barrel and no buffer tube.

It's a little longer but CZ Bren 2 MS pistol can be had in 5.56 or 7.62x39 with a couple added inches of barrel than the Sig Rattler.

The Sig Rattler would fit the description of what your looking for perfectly with a 5.5 in .300blk barrel and no buffer tube.

It's a little longer but CZ Bren 2 MS pistol can be had in 5.56 or 7.62x39 with a couple added inches of barrel than the Sig Rattler.
Definitely looking at the Sig, but having a hard time forking over that much money.

Do you know the overall length of that folded?
I’m back!!

Here’s my deal. I have the Saint Victor Pistol in 5.56, which you know has a 7.5” barrel. I bought an 8.5” upper in .300 BLK from MAS Defense. So, the dimensions should be the same. My barrel on the .300 has the A2 birdcage, as you can see below. The length of the pistol folded is 18.5” with the .300 upper on.

Below are pictures of the pistol unfolded, then folded. I also have the Gearhead Works Tailhook Mod 2 on it which is adjustable, although that doesn’t matter when it comes to folded length.

523D1060-EC2A-45F6-90DB-58B4F18BAFF8.jpeg

8108F321-53D4-4535-9227-CD68751145F9.jpeg

If you're willing to spend the money, you can get a fairly customized option from Maxim Defense in 300 Blackout.

I think the below is what Nomads308 would be looking for. But $2300 is pretty steep. The Saint Victor in .300 BLK MSRP is $1100 plus $200 for the folder gives you the same overall length plus 3.5" more barrel.

.300BLK PDX™ – Maxim Defense
Yeah. For $2300 I'd go ahead and get the Sig mcx Rattler. It folds down to 16 inches and can fire folded. The more I look I think that really is my only real option. Just have to decide if I want to spend that much or put it on the back burner. Probably the latter.

Back