testtest

Saint Victor 5.56 Pistol Barrel Length Upgrade?

Thank you and very much appreciate your insight. As I stated, I am totally new to the AR platform, and I never saw myself owning anything more than a conceal carry weapon, and a few hunting rifles; the current state of this country has made me rethink that, and now I can see myself becoming addicted. 😬 If I may, how can I know what uppers are compatible with the Saint Victor pistols. I would love to a .308 and a 300 B/O but have no idea where to start. Does Springfield sale these components?
Btw ... MSR platform is excellent for hunting. Predator, varmit, feral hogs, deer (Well placed shot) and a great firearm for younger folk based on recoil. My son has been using his AR-15 since he was 8. Was a great segway Into his bolt action larger caliber deer rifle. He was not scared of a “big ol rifle” after the ar15

From my understanding, if your lower is registered as a pistol, you can switch to any barrel length without a problem. Under 16.1 or over 16.1 and you will be ok. If your lower was registered as a rifle, you would need the SBR tax stamp to go under 16.1. So you should be able to use whatever barrel length you want on your pistol lower.

I have the Saint Victor .556 as well. I went to a company called MAS Defense (masdefense.com) and bought a .300 blackout upper from them with an 8.5” barrel for around $250 on sale. Fit right on with no problems what so ever. Looks good, shoots good. There are plenty of other companies out there that sell AR15 uppers, but these guys did me right. They sell 16” uppers as well.

The biggest thing you don’t want to do with your pistol is add a “stock” to replace your “brace”. That will change it to an SBA and you’ll need the tax stamp. You can change your brace, as long as you replace it with something else that’s considered a “brace”. I put the Gearhead Works Tailhook Mod 2 on mine. They have a BATF letter on their site which states that they evaluated the brace and declared it was indeed a brace and could be used on a pistol.

Didn’t intend to write this much, but I hope it was helpful.

From my understanding, if your lower is registered as a pistol, you can switch to any barrel length without a problem. Under 16.1 or over 16.1 and you will be ok. If your lower was registered as a rifle, you would need the SBR tax stamp to go under 16.1. So you should be able to use whatever barrel length you want on your pistol lower.

I have the Saint Victor .556 as well. I went to a company called MAS Defense (masdefense.com) and bought a .300 blackout upper from them with an 8.5” barrel for around $250 on sale. Fit right on with no problems what so ever. Looks good, shoots good. There are plenty of other companies out there that sell AR15 uppers, but these guys did me right. They sell 16” uppers as well.

The biggest thing you don’t want to do with your pistol is add a “stock” to replace your “brace”. That will change it to an SBA and you’ll need the tax stamp. You can change your brace, as long as you replace it with something else that’s considered a “brace”. I put the Gearhead Works Tailhook Mod 2 on mine. They have a BATF letter on their site which states that they evaluated the brace and declared it was indeed a brace and could be used on a pistol.

Thank you

Of you’re buying a stripped lower you should mark the 4473 as “other” not rifle or pistol. If marked rifle it can not be converted to a pistol, once a rifle always a rifle. If you build it into a pistol then decide to go with a rifle that’s fine.

Hello! I’ve recently purchased a Saint Victor 7.5, Currently where my rifle is owned is outside of the USA, I am seeking to upgrade my 7.5 inch barrel to a 11.5 inch wylde ( .223/556) and of course a new hand guard. I’ve read this thread saying that it’s easier to just purchase a whole new upper.. well the laws here work differently.. purchasing an upper is considered a firearm as well it’s not possible to just ship one in ”.. also there are no limits as to what I can install/upgrade on my rifle. With that said, feel free to shoot me any links for barrels and hand guards and it’s parts! Thanks.

Hello! I’ve recently purchased a Saint Victor 7.5, Currently where my rifle is owned is outside of the USA, I am seeking to upgrade my 7.5 inch barrel to a 11.5 inch wylde ( .223/556) and of course a new hand guard. I’ve read this thread saying that it’s easier to just purchase a whole new upper.. well the laws here work differently.. purchasing an upper is considered a firearm as well it’s not possible to just ship one in ”.. also there are no limits as to what I can install/upgrade on my rifle. With that said, feel free to shoot me any links for barrels and hand guards and it’s parts! Thanks.
Welcome to the forum.

You may have trouble finding online retailers sending firearm parts out of the US because of US export restrictions on weapons and accessories. I'm not to well versed in what can and cannot be shipped out of the US but you may want to do some research on the subject to avoid possible legal troubles.

The three sites I posted below are some of the more popular places to buy online. These sites will let you know if there are any export restrictions when you order or you could also checkout their FAQ's page.

https://www.midwayusa.com/

PSA doesn't have any.

Welcome to the forum.

You may have trouble finding online retailers sending firearm parts out of the US because of US export restrictions on weapons and accessories. I'm not to well versed in what can and cannot be shipped out of the US but you may want to do some research on the subject to avoid possible legal troubles.

The three sites I posted below are some of the more popular places to buy online. These sites will let you know if there are any export restrictions when you order or you could also checkout their FAQ's page.

https://www.midwayusa.com/

Thank you! As far as legality, they cannot be shipped out the USA.. I am only able to ship down parts through a licensed Gundealer, for example barrels, hand guards and upgrades that are specific to my rifle. the only Issue is the duty and tax stamp on these items are about 170% duty! That’s harsh haha!

Thank you! As far as legality, they cannot be shipped out the USA.. I am only able to ship down parts through a licensed Gundealer, for example barrels, hand guards and upgrades that are specific to my rifle. the only Issue is the duty and tax stamp on these items are about 170% duty! That’s harsh haha!
Wow 170% duty tax is insane!

Hello. I purchased a Saint Victor Pistol in January 2018. It has a pistol brace, which may be illegal next week. I am looking at an option of changing out the barrel to a 16 inch barrel. Are there any trusted vendors I should look at? What gas port location does my Saint Pistol have. Sorry but I have never changed out a barrel before, only a flash suppressor. Thank you.

Hello. I purchased a Saint Victor Pistol in January 2018. It has a pistol brace, which may be illegal next week. I am looking at an option of changing out the barrel to a 16 inch barrel. Are there any trusted vendors I should look at? What gas port location does my Saint Pistol have. Sorry but I have never changed out a barrel before, only a flash suppressor. Thank you.
That's a lot of trouble just to end up with a rifle that has a brace on it. May as well put a stock on it if you're going to change the barrel. Personally I would just take off the brace until the dust finally settles. As was pointed out earlier, it is infinitely easier and makes more sense to just swap the entire upper.

That's an excellent point. I'll probably just take off the brace and shoot it as is. Thanks so much for your help.
I never cared for braces. Zero room to stretch out. Even before all this BS about braces mine was in a drawer somewhere.

I run mine with a single point Magpul MS-3 adjusted so that when fully extended the buffer tube rests on my cheek. 3 points of contact.

This is zero'ed @ 50 yards, shooting at 100 yards with a 10.5" unbraced 5.56.

Red dot has since been switched out for a Holosun 510C.

That sounds like an excellent idea. I have a sling that I can put on and give it a shot. Thanks so much for the advice and ideas.

Back