testtest

Saint Victor .556

Just purchased my new AR from a local retailer on Tuesday. Range time today and all was great till the 13th round. Then the BCG jammed and was able to eject the round but now the charger is disengaged and the BCG is stuck in the rear of the gun maybe even in the buffer tube. Very disappointed. Need help to cure this issue as soon as possible. #saintvictorissue

Attachments

• 5F0D4C14-B778-4315-BECA-11C3DEE0496B.jpeg
    5F0D4C14-B778-4315-BECA-11C3DEE0496B.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 263
Just purchased my new AR from a local retailer on Tuesday. Range time today and all was great till the 13th round. Then the BCG jammed and was able to eject the round but now the charger is disengaged and the BCG is stuck in the rear of the gun maybe even in the buffer tube. Very disappointed. Need help to cure this issue as soon as possible. #saintvictorissue
Make sure the gun is clear(no ammo, mag and on safety). With the muzzle pointed up and away from your body jackhammer style motion(just 1 bounce at a time) and let kinetic energy work. This should get the bcg into battery and make sure the chargehandle is locked in forward position, but not needed if unable too? Also check the bolt release/catch is not stuck. If you can see the hammer inspect for damage(in case the spring broke).

Have you looked into the receiver to see if any debris is wedged between the bcg and charging handle?

There's a tough Jam that can happen with an AR though it is rare where a spent shell or piece of one can get stuck in that very spot seizing the bolt.

Make sure the gun is clear(no ammo, mag and on safety). With the muzzle pointed up and away from your body jackhammer style motion(just 1 bounce at a time) and let kinetic energy work. This should get the bcg into battery and make sure the chargehandle is locked in forward position, but not needed if unable too? Also check the bolt release/catch is not stuck. If you can see the hammer inspect for damage(in case the spring broke).
Thanks...attempted but no success. No visible damage that I can see.

Thanks...no visible debris.
That's a strange issue to have.

Brass on top of the bolt it the only thing I can think of that would cause this.

You could try mortaring it open as suggested by @TEXASforLIFE but I don't recommend that on a new firearm especially when it comes to potentially compromising your warranty.

Have you contacted Springfield customer service to get this fixed? They have a really good customer service department and they will most likely request you send it to them and they should take care of all the shipping costs.

Last edited:
Better call SA them since it is new. The only other way is to remove the buffer tube and see what's happening? You wouldn't be able to remove the bcg due to the buffer retainer pin, so don't attempt!
I was thinking the same thing. An armours wrench would be needed and a new buffer castle nut after the stakes are broken.

Sending to the mother ship is an option. That may take some effort & time on your part, but it would be free.

Seeking local help would undoubtedly be quicker, but may cost you money for a Armorer/gunsmith. Its also possible that you returning to the retailer where you purchased it may result in some free help.

Good Luck.

Not sure if you experienced what this guy did during his uTube review @meneumann, but it demonstrates what he did to clear his jams (I don't recommend doing these (especially with the hammer), and concur with others here, on dialoging with SA customer service on your issue). Most reviews I've seen don't seem to have negative opinions. This guy (as stated), isn't really a Springfield fan, that coupled with perhaps getting a lemon, may have tainted his views. There are other videos describing problems (one guy did a part 1 & 2 video), but I haven't watched them, nor know what the problem was that they were describing.

Not sure if you experienced what this guy did during his uTube review @meneumann, but it demonstrates what he did to clear his jams (I don't recommend doing these (especially with the hammer), and concur with others here, on dialoging with SA customer service on your issue). Most reviews I've seen don't seem to have negative opinions. This guy (as stated), isn't really a Springfield fan, that coupled with perhaps getting a lemon, may have tainted his views. There are other videos describing problems (one guy did a part 1 & 2 video), but I haven't watched them, nor know what the problem was that they were describing.

Wow. That really sucks. Wonder if he or SA ever resolved anything. I have the SA Saint Victor Pistol and never had any issues remotely close to that. In fact, I've never had any issues whatsoever...

I just bought a Saint Victor 300 BO pistol. I haven’t had a chance to shoot at the range with it yet & hope I don’t run into issues like that either.

I just bought a Saint Victor 300 BO pistol. I haven’t had a chance to shoot at the range with it yet & hope I don’t run into issues like that either.
I hope not for your sake as well!! I bought a 300 BLK upper from another manufacturer for my pistol and use the same BCG & charging handle from my Victor and it has worked flawlessly as well.

Any manufacturer will put out a lemon from time to time. It’s just a shame when that happens to a reviewer. It sheds a REALLY bad light on an otherwise capable firearm.

Back