testtest

Same Xdman?

I remember hearing the E/R stories of these as they were extracted, and depending on what and who to believe, the barbs would require a bit more tissue to be cut and of course more time on the gurney usually after midnight. The biggest grievance was who got stuck doing the surgery.

I still have 12 (circa 1986) of the mythical gems left, guess they’re good for $5 per round…according to the article.

So it would be better if you shot them when naked?
Yes, way back when hollow points performed better in the warmer months. When its warm people wear less clothing so older hollow point designs would still expand when hitting a target. But as people would bundle up and start layering the hollow points would clog essentially turning into a round nose bullet. So in theory yes.

I've got some original Black Talons in both 9mm(2) and (2) .45acp.I paid a whopping $10 each for the 4 boxes back when they first came to market. During covid I bought 5 fifty round .45acp boxes of the law enforcement only Ranger T for $35 each. They do still have the claw like petals. A few months later I bought 3 fifty round .45acp boxes LEO of Ranger which are just like the non claw petal less SXT rounds.
I asked the store owner where they were all coming from and he stated that local LE agencies were trading them in for 9mm critical duty ammo he was procuring for them.
Either way I felt good about the purchase and stuck them in my ammo stash.

Nice article @xdman

I'm old so I might not remember this correctly, but. Wasn't the 2 bad guy's wearing full body armor, shooting full auto rifles with drum mags. The agents had handguns & Rem 870 shotguns. Seriously out gunned agents went to gun shops in the area. Took high powered rifles and ammo. To stand a better chance. The last shooter ran out of ammo, and shot himself. They were bank robbers. Am I talking about a different shootout?

I'm old so I might not remember this correctly, but. Wasn't the 2 bad guy's wearing full body armor, shooting full auto rifles with drum mags. The agents had handguns & Rem 870 shotguns. Seriously out gunned agents went to gun shops in the area. Took high powered rifles and ammo. To stand a better chance. The last shooter ran out of ammo, and shot himself. They were bank robbers. Am I talking about a different shootout?
You would be correct

That’s actually the North Hollywood shoutout 1997. The LAPD were seriously outgunned and yes had to get rifles from a local gunstore. Eventually SWAT got on scene and took care of business in a running firefight that went into a neighborhood. Some say those two bad guys were inspired by the movie Heat. The lessons from that shootout included more departments issuing rifle for officers.

That’s actually the North Hollywood shoutout 1997. The LAPD were seriously outgunned and yes had to get rifles from a local gunstore. Eventually SWAT got on scene and took care of business in a running firefight that went into a neighborhood. Some say those two bad guys were inspired by the movie Heat. The lessons from that shootout included more departments issuing rifle for officers.
Thank you.

I still have 2 boxes of Starfires in 45 acp. Same boolit as the Black Talons.

Attachments

• 20230516_143304.jpg
    20230516_143304.jpg
    852.8 KB · Views: 37
Back