testtest

SA’s warranty and rust coverage

maybe not, but you own the house, or rent that house or apartment, so it's YOUR RULES. if he cannot respect your property, it's time to forbid him to visit.

you gotta put your foot down, or up his........

Well said,every man's house is his castle,just because he is related doesn't give him reason to treat your things like they are toys,they are in your house because you want them there,worked hard to pay for them and treat them properly.As for fingerprint acid only have to look at fingerprints on glass to realise fingers leave chemicals on surfaces,use your phone enough then see marks all over the screen

I guess he doesn't want to ask any more questions
well if you mean the o/p, he was told who to contact, and what to do in the future.

if you mean the guy who's in-law puts his finger prints all over his personal collection, he too was told what to do

come here complaining that someone is fingering your guns and leaving prints or smudges, or whatever on them, and you do not keep those guns locked up, or the room locked up, then you got no right to complain if you don't demand they NOT touch your.... :poop:

it all comes down to RESPECTING another person's home, AND belongings.

he says "you cannot choose your in-laws"

maybe so, but YOU SURE CAN CHOOSE how they behave in YOUR HOME.

Just joined this morning, trying to determine if anyone else has had blued Garrison issues. I've been carrying 1911 pistols since the early 1970s (work related). I bought my third Springfield 1911 in November 2022...a beautiful blued 9mm Garrison as a mate to my .45acp Ronin Commander and .45acp stainless Garrison. The latter two functioned perfectly right out of the box. I use a silicone cloth to protect the exterior of my pistols after cleaning. All are lubed before range time and cleaned after.

I took the blued 9mm straight to the range as I intended to carry it in winter months. The blued Garrison only functioned for two magazines of Blazer Brass 124gr fmj and the slide began to exhibit a failure to return to battery. It was literally a single shot pistol w/o a firm bump to the slide after each shot. I called SA warranty which suggested I return the pistol for evaluation, which would possibly take two to four weeks. Rather than wait, I took the pistol to a highly recommended local 1911 shop in northern AZ. A few days later the gunsmith called to say it was ready. It had burrs on the slide/frame and an issue with the disconnect/sear which were addressed. It was smooth as I expected.

After just four months and not even 500 rds and not even carried in a holster, I noticed the bluing was completely worn down to the carbon steel on the right side of the grip behind the grip panel from the thumb safety down to the bottom of the grip. The front strap was showing no wear, nor the slide. None of my previous blued 1911 pistols had this issue. This time I sent it into SA for evaluation and hopefully a resolution under warranty. Waiting on SA to let me know...

You say in a safe. Its not kept in a holster or gun rug in a safe? Looks like no oil wiped on it an all. Where do you live, in the ocean?
No this one might have.
i usually wipe my blued finish guns with food grade mineral oil.

i got that from gunblue490

and i keep the large desiccant bags in the cabinets where my guns are stored, and during the summertime, i run a dehumidifier on high humid days/nights.
I bet the guy who owned this one never used anything on it:

Just joined this morning, trying to determine if anyone else has had blued Garrison issues. I've been carrying 1911 pistols since the early 1970s (work related). I bought my third Springfield 1911 in November 2022...a beautiful blued 9mm Garrison as a mate to my .45acp Ronin Commander and .45acp stainless Garrison. The latter two functioned perfectly right out of the box. I use a silicone cloth to protect the exterior of my pistols after cleaning. All are lubed before range time and cleaned after.

I took the blued 9mm straight to the range as I intended to carry it in winter months. The blued Garrison only functioned for two magazines of Blazer Brass 124gr fmj and the slide began to exhibit a failure to return to battery. It was literally a single shot pistol w/o a firm bump to the slide after each shot. I called SA warranty which suggested I return the pistol for evaluation, which would possibly take two to four weeks. Rather than wait, I took the pistol to a highly recommended local 1911 shop in northern AZ. A few days later the gunsmith called to say it was ready. It had burrs on the slide/frame and an issue with the disconnect/sear which were addressed. It was smooth as I expected.

After just four months and not even 500 rds and not even carried in a holster, I noticed the bluing was completely worn down to the carbon steel on the right side of the grip behind the grip panel from the thumb safety down to the bottom of the grip. The front strap was showing no wear, nor the slide. None of my previous blued 1911 pistols had this issue. This time I sent it into SA for evaluation and hopefully a resolution under warranty. Waiting on SA to let me know...
You may have already voided your warranty by having someone else work on it instead of sending it back to Springfield, plus most manufacturers won’t cover finish issues, especially if it’s rust.
1681761873612.png

I considered that. There is no rust. When I spoke to the rep regarding the bluing wear, I reminded him this Springfield Garrison had been a problem from the onset and that an independent shop had addressed the failure to return to battery issue, which I paid for out of pocket. It was the same rep whom I had initially contacted about the failure to return to battery.

The bluing wear has nothing to do with the failure to return to battery issue. But if Springfield declines to address the bluing issue, I'll take the pistol back to the same shop for a professional repair.

I considered that. There is no rust. When I spoke to the rep regarding the bluing wear, I reminded him this Springfield Garrison had been a problem from the onset and that an independent shop had addressed the failure to return to battery issue, which I paid for out of pocket. It was the same rep whom I had initially contacted about the failure to return to battery.

The bluing wear has nothing to do with the failure to return to battery issue. But if Springfield declines to address the bluing issue, I'll take the pistol back to the same shop for a professional repair.
Ok, if your pistol was like my RO Operator, mine wouldn’t return to battery, it was a 9mm, I found out Springfield used a weak 9lb recoil spring, so what I did was use the same 12lb spring my Kimber, 9mm also, used and my return to battery issue was gone

If I remember correctly, while SA suggests a 12# spring in the 9mm pistols, for some reason they still install a 9# spring. Wilson Combat also suggests a 12# spring, so I tried a 12# spring initially trying to cure the failure to return to battery. It didn't help resolve the problem as the obvious burrs on the slide/frame were still the root cause.

If I remember correctly, while SA suggests a 12# spring in the 9mm pistols, for some reason they still install a 9# spring. Wilson Combat also suggests a 12# spring, so I tried a 12# spring initially trying to cure the failure to return to battery. It didn't help resolve the problem as the obvious burrs on the slide/frame were still the root cause.
Guess I lucked out, no burrs on mine, 9lb is way to weak for a 1911 9mm.

You say in a safe. Its not kept in a holster or gun rug in a safe? Looks like no oil wiped on it an all. Where do you live, in the ocean?
My father gave me his M1911A1. I lived in Panama the next 4 years and had wiped it down real well with oil and places in one of those plastic foam lined carry cases. I was not carrying it due to size and it being a family heirloom so it was kept in my safe. Out of sight, out of mind. Panama is a very humid country during rainy season 6 months out of the year, plus was within walking distance to the ocean. Long story short, took it out to take it to the armory and shoot after a couple of years and it was covered with surface rust. The foam in the case absorbed the moisture from the air. I was remiss in letting it set so long without checking on it. It was parkerized and I have thought about having it reparkerized. Live and learn...

I have lived and worked in hot humid Florida for more than 40 years with many blued guns. Rust always lurks. I learned many years ago that a spray and wipe down with Remoil after cleaning will keep the rust away. I keep a silicone cloth in my lock box to wipe down my daily carry when I put it away. My trap and skeet and bird guns get the same treatment before I put them in the case. This process has never failed me.

Nah, Hans. No need to cover for a multi-million dollar corporation here. You ought to side with the good guy. If the blues finish is failing, that’s on the company. I do my part by keeping it away from moisture and/or other corrosives as much as humanly possible.
Extensive surface rust is all you Bro.

There are things you can put on the gun to keep that from happening.

We will all be very interested in SA's work once it's returned. There will be a Smith sheet in the box that lists everything they did to it.

This is what the bluing looked like...on right side adjacent to grip safety, between main spring housing and grip panel, all the way down to the butt end of the grip. I find it odd that the bluing on the grip safety is not effected.

If SA refuses to warranty, I'll have to find an alternative to bluing.

Attachments

• 20230319_142626.jpg
    20230319_142626.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 112
Never saw anything like that myself, and I have been into 1911’s for over 30+ years…wow….even my old Combat Commander I had that a police officer carried never looked like that, but it was a Colt

Update as of 05/08/23: After weeks of waiting for Springfield to decide, they determined the bluing wear on my November 2022 new 9mm Garrison is "normal wear" and apparently will not warranty a refinish (see image above).

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. They suggested I pay them to have the entire pistol Cerakoted for $250+ tax or Parkerize for $130+ tax. I've asked SA to return the pistol and I'll have it professionally refinished elsewhere. I'll have to cancel the order for a Prodigy due to that unexpected cost.

Update as of 05/08/23: After weeks of waiting for Springfield to decide, they determined the bluing wear on my November 2022 new 9mm Garrison is "normal wear" and apparently will not warranty a refinish (see image above).

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. They suggested I pay them to have the entire pistol Cerakoted for $250+ tax or Parkerize for $130+ tax. I've asked SA to return the pistol and I'll have it professionally refinished elsewhere. I'll have to cancel the order for a Prodigy due to that unexpected cost.
Sorry to hear that, but I figured they wouldn't warranty it, most don't do that these days.

Back