testtest

Savage 110 Tactical

BangBang

Professional
Got a Savage 110 Tactical 6.5 Creedmoor the other day. So far I’m happy with it. Have always been a fan of Savage. Hoping to get it on the range and broken in here soon.
3aeea06f99a6026a1838450edaf46dfd.plist

8f6a91a84e41045d09d0e7d5086fda07.plist

I like shooting my Savage Stealth 6.5 Creedmoor and I'm contemplating an AR-10 build in that caliber with a Aero M5 lower I have but I cannot find the matching Aero complete upper in stock currently. I'm still undecided on the caliber choice.

Awesome photo skills BTW.

Last edited:
I have the same rifle in .308. I topped it with a Vortex Strike eagle scope and zeroed it at 200yrds. I've put approximately 300 rounds through it to date. The first 100 was done with cleaning the bore after every 10 to 20rds. Tedious but it was recommended by a local gunsmith. It's the first time I've ever broke in a rifle in that manner. If I do my part it will leave a very nice dime sized hold right in the bullseye.
Just love the Vortex, honestly its the best scope I've ever owned.
My only complaint is I've always owned Remington 700's, I do not feel the bolt movement is as smooth. I hope in time it will but as of now it is a touch gritty.

Last edited:
I have the same rifle in .308. I topped it with a Vortex Strike eagle scope and zeroed it at 200yrds. I've put approximately 300 rounds through it to date. The first 100 was done with cleaning the bore after every 10 to 20rds. Tedious but it was recommended by a local gunsmith. It's the first time I've ever broke in a rifle in that manner. If I do my part it will leave a very nice dime sized hold right in the bullseye.
Just love the Vortex, honestly its the best scope I've ever owned.
My only complaint is I've always owned Remington 700's, I do not feel the bolt movement is as smooth. I hope in time it will but as of now it is a touch gritty.

Glad to hear yours is a shooter, I have always liked Savage. I am also a fan of Vortex. I got a good deal on this Bushnell Elite 4500. Barrel break in/cleaning is one of those subjects that gets a wide range of opinions. You get some of the top barrel makers that say one thing and big companies that say another. This is what Savage says on their process

Although there may be different schools of thought on barrel break-in, this is what Precision Shooting Magazine recommends:
STEP 1 (repeated 10 times)

Fire one round
Push wet patches soaked with a powder solvent through the bore
Push a brush through the bore (5 times in each direction)
Push dry patches through the bore (2 times)
Push wet patches soaked with a copper solvent through the bore
Push a brush through the bore (5 times in each direction)
Push dry patches through the bore (2 times)
Push a patch with 2 drops of oil through the bore

STEP 2 (repeated 5 times)

Fire a 3 shot group
Repeat the cleaning procedure from STEP 1 after each group

STEP 3 (repeat 5 times)

Fire a 5 shot group
Repeat the cleaning procedure from STEP 1

They recommend the use of a patch with 2 drops of oil after the cleaning so that you are not shooting with a dry bore. It is also advisable to use a powder solvent and copper solvent from the same manufacturer to be sure they are chemically compatible.

Back