testtest

Scout Scopes for the M1A Scout Squad Rifle

I would add the UTG 2-7X44mm Scout Scope to this list. Solid scope for a reasonable price. Biggest complaint is that its probably relatively heavy (due to the increased size of the objective lens - but this also gives you an advantage for collecting more light) compared to the Burris or Vortex, however, it has a ton of great features in a variable power scope.

I just purchased an M1A Scout Squad rifle and I am waiting for it to arrive at my FFL. Searching for scout scopes online is not particularly straight forward. Leupold's website does not allow for searching or product filtering based on eye relief. I cannot find any scope on their website listed as a "scout" model or "LER" of any kind. Most of the blogs on the Google searches are just click-bait for Amazon referral sales. Others are for M1A only with no reference to the Scout model.

This article was useful and really helped! I am following this website from now on. Thanks!

I'm surprised by how little I can find online about accessories for the M1A Scout. My next search is for a compatible bi-pod and sling.

I just purchased an M1A Scout Squad rifle and I am waiting for it to arrive at my FFL. Searching for scout scopes online is not particularly straight forward. Leupold's website does not allow for searching or product filtering based on eye relief. I cannot find any scope on their website listed as a "scout" model or "LER" of any kind. Most of the blogs on the Google searches are just click-bait for Amazon referral sales. Others are for M1A only with no reference to the Scout model.

Your article was useful and really helped! I am following this website from now on. Thanks!

I'm surprised by how little I can find online about accessories for the M1A Scout. My next search is for a compatible bi-pod and sling.
The military-styel M-14 bipods aren't worth it.

A couple outfits make a front sling repacement that has a small picatiny rail, as well as sling attachment that you can affix a compatible bipod to.

This article was useful and really helped! I am following this website from now on. Thanks!

I was surprised as well and concluded there are about two viable “scout” options. Consider the leupold pistol scopes. The others leatherwood hi-Lux I think it’s called seemed like entry level. Also Burris I think makes one.

I tend to over think things so I measured from an eyeball on the stock to about the front of the receiver and it was about 16 inches…. Then looked for scopes with 16 inches relief and there was very little.

It appears time has forgotten scout rifles. In my opinion.

I am by no means an expert and in the end I decided my scout will be an iron sight rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why not just buy a “Sadlak” mount or similar to go over the chamber and put a 1x4, 1x6 or 1x10 on the dang thing and do away with the crazy “scout” up front mount.

Welcome to the modern age

Welcome to the modern age
Leupold 1.5-5×33 VX-R Scout Rifle scope on a long sight plane monolithic optic rail with flip up BUIS
Eye Relief:7.1-6"

IMG_9046 (2).JPG

What rings are you using for your Burris scope? I’m planning this set up also. Thanks
I use ARMS #22 30mm rings with 1" reducers. for the Burris.

or steel

The ARMS #22's are heavier but mil-spec. Leupold QR rings are lighter (not as fast as ARMS #22s) in either 1" or 30mm. One must select the proper height.

I use ARMS #22 30mm rings with 1" reducers. for the Burris.

or steel

The ARMS #22's are heavier but mil-spec. Leupold QR rings are lighter (not as fast as ARMS #22s) in either 1" or 30mm. One must select the proper height.

Thanks for the info.

Back