testtest

Sen. Chris Murphy Targets Military Gun Owners In Defense Bills

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Ok, now this is totally crazy, if you serve in the military, this idiot wants to suppress their rights on getting or owning a privately owned gun. The left is never ending on trying to infringe on our 2nd amendment, now there going after our military personnel

Sen Murphy is horrible.
Senators like him is why CT sucks as a state for the last 40 yrs
Murphy and Blumenthal are both idiots, I couldn’t wait to move out of Connecticut when offered the chance to relocate by Mossberg when I worked for them.
My ex and 1 of my boys still live there along with some other family members including my twin sister who has gone “woke” we no longer speak to each other.
My ex works as an ACO for a small town police department and tells me everyday it’s getting worse.
She’s talking about moving west to Kentucky or Colorado.

Murphy and Blumenthal are both idiots, I couldn’t wait to move out of Connecticut when offered the chance to relocate by Mossberg when I worked for them.
My ex and 1 of my boys still live there along with some other family members including my twin sister who has gone “woke” we no longer speak to each other.
My ex works as an ACO for a small town police department and tells me everyday it’s getting worse.
Not Colorado.

Late 90s at Ft. Hood (now Ft. Cavazos) a division commander no less put out a directive that soldiers' privately owned weapons within 50 miles of the post be registered. NRA lawyers and JAG descended on his HQ like a pack of wolves and rightly so. This was a general officer numbskull who was searching for a discriminator for promotion with the Clinton administration. That, and if I remember correctly, he was a New England liberal.

Also, Murphy's requiring training on the weapon is nonsensical. What? The military doesn't have training on weapons anymore? Well, maybe he's right on that one.

While I didn’t serve in the military, I have friends and a few family members who have, I just think it’s pathetic how they treat them, and now they might try something like this, why do people keep electing these fools, they need to wake up!

why do people keep electing these fools..??
cuz......, "well he/she may have been caught stealing and having sex with minors or insulted every race and religion on the books, or killed 27 people in a drunken road rage".....

"but he/she is STILL a GOOD person, i mean after all, he/she apologized for thier actions"

that's why people keep electing these fools.....

i've seen this way too many times in my area....

good example here:

this Adam Henry will get re-elected......!!!! (he's NOT my representative)

when he was first arrested and interviewed, he said he thought it was some "gun nut" that was stalking him........

need i say how he feels about guns..???

if you scroll down to the last picture, that's the Major of the PD, that goes to the same mom/pop bait/gun store i go to..

Major Patalano, funny guy actually, he makes his captain that is often with him, buy lures cuz he says they really work.....lol

quite a tall man too i might add....

Last edited:
Every time I hear somebody talking about how stupid our elected representatives are I think of this clip from the movie Silverado.

"You idiot! He's hit everything he's aimed at. "

How many times do these people have to tell us that they intend to disarm us before we believe that they intend to disarm us?

Every time the Supreme Court tells them they can't do that they simply tweak the Bill and run it back through.

And even if the Supreme Court does eventually strike down the law, it's still in force until it gets to the Supreme Court.

I really think that one of the biggest advantages the other side has is that they have us convinced that they're dumb.

All of the above said, when I was stationed at Fort Carson the Commanding General of the fourth infantry division, Major General Guy Laboa, (I never met the man but I have talked to a few people who worked with him and they said he was an absolute ass) enacted a division wide rule that any Soldier beneath the rank of Sergeant (so anyone E4 and below) was not permitted to own or possess a firearm while they were assigned to his command.

As I understood it there was an exception if you had firearms at your parents house at your home of record but as long as you were assigned to his command you couldn't have your guns with you.

The order was routinely ignored but I never heard of anybody challenging it on Second Amendment grounds.

Shortly after I got out of the Army I was told that all Service Members regardless of rank were required to register any firearm they owned (no matter where it was located) with their unit Commander. I'm not sure who the unit commanders registered them with.

I was out of the army when that rule was instituted so I never paid any attention to how it played out. I heard a lot of people protested it though.

The point I'm trying to make here is that I'm not sure that active duty Service Members really have Second Amendment rights anyway at least not in practice.

It is crap like this that should make everyone who has ever served want to vomit and maybe want to regret ever serving in the first place.

I am reminded to the movie about Alvin York where his Captain tries to persuade York to abandon his CO beliefs and the Captain contends that Danial Boone was seeking freedom when he ventured westward and that freedom is the most precious gift a human could have. The freedom to plow his fields the way he saw fit and worship the way he saw fit.

Today there would have to be trigger warnings on that speech. :censored:

Every time I hear somebody talking about how stupid our elected representatives are I think of this clip from the movie Silverado.

"You idiot! He's hit everything he's aimed at. "

How many times do these people have to tell us that they intend to disarm us before we believe that they intend to disarm us?

Every time the Supreme Court tells them they can't do that they simply tweak the Bill and run it back through.

And even if the Supreme Court does eventually strike down the law, it's still in force until it gets to the Supreme Court.

I really think that one of the biggest advantages the other side has is that they have us convinced that they're dumb.

All of the above said, when I was stationed at Fort Carson the Commanding General of the fourth infantry division, Major General Guy Laboa, (I never met the man but I have talked to a few people who worked with him and they said he was an absolute ass) enacted a division wide rule that any Soldier beneath the rank of Sergeant (so anyone E4 and below) was not permitted to own or possess a firearm while they were assigned to his command.

As I understood it there was an exception if you had firearms at your parents house at your home of record but as long as you were assigned to his command you couldn't have your guns with you.

The order was routinely ignored but I never heard of anybody challenging it on Second Amendment grounds.

Shortly after I got out of the Army I was told that all Service Members regardless of rank were required to register any firearm they owned (no matter where it was located) with their unit Commander. I'm not sure who the unit commanders registered them with.

I was out of the army when that rule was instituted so I never paid any attention to how it played out. I heard a lot of people protested it though.

The point I'm trying to make here is that I'm not sure that active duty Service Members really have Second Amendment rights anyway at least not in practice.
we had a navy base CO try that horse manure back in the mid 90s s . it went over like a fart in a spacesuit.
he tried to mandate all persons assigned to the base, NOT HIS command,.. but the base had to register their firearms with base police...even if you lived off base.
base CO had power over the tenant commands and they were ordered to comply...WE DID not.
none of us in the air wing complied.
our CO at the time had us all indicate we didnt own any firearms and only used what was issued to us.
then big boss in DC must have caught fire and it was turned back as the CO of the base cannot order service persons to comply with some rule the BASE CO wanted to enact, just because we were active duty. our contracts did not have a REGISTER your stuff clause in it anywhere and still does not.

when we hunted at or on redstone arsenal or fort rucker ..the provost marshall office issued you a permit to have the weapons on board . i have no idea if those records still stand or were deleted.. i have been out for 20 years in 2 months
but a bolt action rifle or 20 ga shotgun is what i used... who cares really

the VA asks as part of every time you see the doc or dentist..do you feel safe at home? do you own firearms?
each answer is N/A
they dont press
but this congreson CRITTER is crazy as a bed bug. he cant circumvent the law, by using the DOD appropriations bill

No problems here. We speak as we feel on this forum, and don thick skin when needed! Besides, I'm certain you're not alone regarding your post.
That's refreshing. My wife runs a nonprofit that helps homeless Vets off the streets. Suicide is always nearby. Like I said I don't agree but the VA was trying to address Vet suicide which is PTSD related and epidemic. And here in Arizona the Vet suicide rate is twice the national rate.

That's refreshing. My wife runs a nonprofit that helps homeless Vets off the streets. Suicide is always nearby. Like I said I don't agree but the VA was trying to address Vet suicide which is PTSD related and epidemic. And here in Arizona the Vet suicide rate is twice the national rate.
Understood all around. We're all affected by these issues, in some form or fashion. Please give your wife an extra hug, and thank her on my behalf.

Back