testtest

Settings??

belladonna

Professional
I don't know where to post this so I will put it here. Mods, please move it if there is a more appropriate place...thanks!

My MacBook has done a couple of updates recently and as of today I have lost the ability to use the options (like the smileys) right above where we type the text, and when I try to quote an image to reply to a post, I get a bunch of text instead of the thumbnail I used to get. I'm not the most "techy" person, but in the past I have had no problems with navigating most issues I run into. I am at a loss now as to what to do next. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on what I should do next? Is there a place for settings on here I am not finding? I hate feeling like a dummy...

I did the sad face "old school" and quoted you, and it posted normally, but the options are still grayed out. I went to my account settings for SA and I can't access them because they are also grayed out.

I did the sad face "old school" and quoted you, and it posted normally, but the options are still grayed out. I went to my account settings for SA and I can't access them because they are also grayed out.
Found it! Here's a link from the Moderator: https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/is-it-me-or-is-it-the-software.16299/#post-242427

Just saw little smilie on the action bar above the message. Also try clicking that. The Mod's post might be for Windows.

Last edited:
1701974563563.png

@Lock n' Load ...O.M.G! I just clicked the brackets thingy on the right and it cleared everything up! I guess it's time for a nap. Thank you everyone who tried to help this lame old brain :cautious:
Glad you found it! I just searched Apple System Settings on my Mac and found that if you search Extensions, Actions comes right up on the screen. Click that and click the checkbox for markup and it will also activate what we looked for system wide on your Mac. I did all those updates recently as well but didn't run into any problems. Computers! Go figure! Enjoy your nap!

Last edited:
I don't have any issue with the emojis, but when I am on my Mac, I can't post any gifs, it will just post a still image of the gif, but on my iPhone I can post gifs.....:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Last edited:
Back