testtest

She pulled it off …first deer

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
Well, after a great week of the daughter home from college, the icing on the cake was a venison dinner.

She shot her first deer this week. A doe.
From a child who hated fireworks and loud noises growing up, she had decided to conquer her fears.
She shot a smaller doe at 200 yards with a .243 and a double lung shot. Dead in its tracks. Couldnt be more proud. Again.
She had a redneck trifecta.
Nascar driving course
PBR rodeo
Deer hunting

Cooked the venison tenderloins 3 min each side on a 500 degree grill.
Pulled them off and put them in a cast iron skillet with olive oil and butter on the grill for 3 more min each side.

Phenomenal

(Pic is from previous way I did venison. I didnt take a pic tonight )

So proud
So proud

71BCDC7B-65B3-4341-9E82-41EA8EB6F884.jpeg
15FA9D5E-F420-4FAA-8C1F-A29A98DD3E16.jpeg

Well, after a great week of the daughter home from college, the icing on the cake was a venison dinner.

She shot her first deer this week. A doe.
From a child who hated fireworks and loud noises growing up, she had decided to conquer her fears.
She shot a smaller doe at 200 yards with a .243 and a double lung shot. Dead in its tracks. Couldnt be more proud. Again.
She had a redneck trifecta.
Nascar driving course
PBR rodeo
Deer hunting

Cooked the venison tenderloins 3 min each side on a 500 degree grill.
Pulled them off and put them in a cast iron skillet with olive oil and butter on the grill for 3 more min each side.

Phenomenal

(Pic is from previous way I did venison. I didnt take a pic tonight )

So proud
So proud

View attachment 32869View attachment 32870
Well done young lady, especially conquering fears, very well done. You have become a provider for your family and yourself, I doff my hat to you.

Last edited:
How nice is that to finish up a visit with your dad!

i never had venison, so i won't know the taste, but happy to hear she had conquered her fear of things, and is moving on up....

now all she has to do is find a man that likes what she likes, and well.......you get to pay for that wedding..!!!!!

You have missed out on some of the best eating there is. We prepare our venison similar to Killer, and there is nothing better!

Back