testtest

Shield RMSc Review: Improve Your Hellcat’s Reflexes

Agreed on the OSP version. It's a must buy, in my opinion. The capabilities of this little gun with that optic seem like they would be amazing. I just wish there were more affordable optics for it out there, but I guess making something that small that can take the beating of slamming back and forth every shot isn't cheap...

After a lot of research, I've decided to put the Shield RMSc on my Hellcat OSP. I already have purchased the proper screws from Springfield Armory but have 2 questions on mounting. What is the proper torque for the screws? Should I use a threadlock compound and, if so, which one will do the job allowing removal with simple tools for battery change? Thanks in advance to all for your knowledgeable replies!

Last edited:
After a lot of research, I've decided to put the Shield RMSc on my Hellcat OSP. I already have purchased the proper screws from Springfield Armory but have 2 questions on mounting. What is the proper torque for the screws? Should I use a threadlock compound and, if so, which one will do the job allowing removal with simple tools for battery change? Thanks in advance to all for your knowledgeable replies!
I use Blue Thread-lock on all my scope rings and add on accessories that way they stay tight and removable as well.

The RMSc is a very good sight but not as rugged or versatile as the new Holosun 507K. I had it until yesterday when I sold mine on eBay. I took a $50 loss but hopefully it will go to a shooter that can use it. I was very accurate with it and it held zero perfectly after well over 1,000 rounds. No dropping or drop tests so I can't vouch for its ability to withstand being used for racking or being dropped.

Just got shipping confirmation for my RMSc today after a 2 month wait. It's supposed to arrive later this week. I've already got everything I need to install including the screws from Springfield's online store (shipped free) to ensure a precise fit. It's my first red dot and I can't wait to try it although I'll have to wait 24 hours after the install to head to the range to give the blue Loctite 242 time to set up. After researching the Holosun 507K and the Swampox Senfinel, I went with this due to ease of installation and the ability to fully co-witness the iron sights as well as Mike H's recommendation in the article.

Last edited:
It is a very good sight. I had it and sold mine after I got a 507K, though I had no complaints I just wanted a more durable sight based on Sage Dynamics testing (brutal). The dot is clean and crisp and it was easy to zero. Enjoy it. Once you get the hang of red dot shooting you will not want to go back. Don't confuse co-witnessing with being able to use the iron sights should the electronics fail. Don't try and zero to the iron sights as you risk going to the extremes of adjustment and accomplish nothing of real value. Bore sighter can be had on Amazon for as little as $15. They won't get you dead on unless you go for the higher end models like Sitelite (USA Made) but will get you close enough to zero on a range.

Back