testtest

Shipping company employee conspired to steal and sell guns in Indianapolis

shanneba

Custom
The operation involved at least 200 guns.
The firearms, sent by a manufacturer, were passing through Indianapolis and on their way to a federally licensed gun dealer.

Williams, Doss and Jones face federal charges, including conspiracy to receive, possess, store or sell stolen firearms. Williams and Doss are also charged with possession of firearms by a felon, while Jones is charged with possession or sale of a stolen firearm.

During a news conference Friday, authorities said stolen guns tend to turn up at crime scenes, especially in Indianapolis and Chicago.

This is not surprising. I often wondered what’s being printed on and openly available info on those shipping containers, manifests and lading bills all the way from the originator to the end receiver.
Gaining this info on the contents has to be easy. Rail cars are no different than truck trailers, what, a little metal band on the door handles keeping the goods safe?
Regulations must require posting the contents and this alone fits in with the narrative and agenda to the Libs liking, eager to exploit and encourage continued theft schemes so their mantra can continue.

That said, this comment wasn’t too reassuring;
If you are a prohibited person and continue to put firearms in our community, we will come together to try to apprehend you,” said IMPD deputy chief Kendale Adams.

Let’s break that statement down…
IF - AND CONTINUE - TO TRY TO APPREHEND YOU
Maybe if you’re not a prohibited person (law abiding card carrying) things will be…what….WORSE ???

Also rich, is what came from US Atty Meyers...“Gun violence is ravaging our communities,” said Myers. “We’re working as hard as we can to stop that and to get the flow of guns out of the hands of criminals.”

Let me give you a perfect example of the Fed/Chicago guns n’ drugs collaboration:

Short story - Search Warrant.
2 Convicted Felons with prior weapons charges
9 loaded guns (pistols) with a ammo drums, assorted high cap mags, extended mags (20 total)
50 gr. Cocaine (value $5000)
Arrested, processed and charged with six felonies and brought before the judicial bench of
Felon Friendly Low or No Bond Cook County Criminal Court - NOT FEDERAL COURT.

Aaaaaah…Sanctuary City.

Full story here:

Found another local news story with more info.

Among the guns recovered are:

• Taurus, model 856, .38 caliber revolvers
  • Rock Island Model 1911, 9mm semi-automatic handguns
  • Rock Island model 1911, .45 caliber ACP semi-automatic handguns
  • Rock Island model Rock Ultra, 10mm semi-automatic handguns
  • Sig Sauer, model 320CA-9-M18-MS P320, 9mm semi-automatic handguns (tan)
  • FN, Model 509C NMS FDE/FD, 9mm semi-automatic handguns
  • FN model SCAR 20S NRCH, 7.62 X 51mm semi0automatic rifles
  • Glock pistols
  • Canik pistols
  • Taurus 9mm handgun
  • Rock Island .38 revolvers
  • Heritage 22 revolver

i am somewhat surprised that the shipping company has not been named, unless i missed that.

if mentioned, then if there is a way for the gun companies to avoid that company in the future, then do so.

i worked in the trucking industry for decades, and i can assure you, they hire anyone to work the docks.

i am somewhat surprised that the shipping company has not been named, unless i missed that.

if mentioned, then if there is a way for the gun companies to avoid that company in the future, then do so.

i worked in the trucking industry for decades, and i can assure you, they hire anyone to work the docks.
Sad to say no matter how well a company background checks their employees there is always someone who will sell their soul for the almighty dollar.
Just look how money influences politicians.

Sad to say no matter how well a company background checks their employees there is always someone who will sell their soul for the almighty dollar.
Just look how money influences politicians.
this is true. but when a shipping company gets "high valued" items, they need to be more vigilant in who they hire.

there is more than 1 background checking companies that can dig into a persons background.

It's almost impossible to ship firearms through UPS now. At my local UPS giant red signs on the doors, back walls, at the counter all say there is no shipping of any firearms or firearms parts of any kind. Kimber sent a UPS next day air to get my Rapide back to them but had to ship the same firearm back to me by FedEx. UPS tried to deny my ability to ship back to Kimber.

It's almost impossible to ship firearms through UPS now. At my local UPS giant red signs on the doors, back walls, at the counter all say there is no shipping of any firearms or firearms parts of any kind. Kimber sent a UPS next day air to get my Rapide back to them but had to ship the same firearm back to me by FedEx. UPS tried to deny my ability to ship back to Kimber.
this is interesting. i was at the mom/pop gun store, and the UPS driver delivered a gun. some come via USPS, some come via FedEx as well.

We have had at least a dozen guns stolen in transportation, from the distributor to the store In about two years. The boxes don’t indicate that they are firearms, but if you are in the shipping business it is not hard to tell. Plus if your business is stealing you do your homework of what routes the guns go in. There are distributors we order from on a daily basis So to intercept them is not difficult once you have a job at ups/fedex.

Back