testtest

Shooting Uphill

Respectfully I don’t get it. Maybe it’s just me but as a life king Hunter the use of a tripod like that is like WAY to much stuff going in, moving around etc. Just give me a bipod and or sandbag.

The main thing I remember from M/O school is wether shooting at an elevated target or an elevated position the point of unpack will be higher. How much depends of degrees you are!

Respectfully I don’t get it. Maybe it’s just me but as a life king Hunter the use of a tripod like that is like WAY to much stuff going in, moving around etc. Just give me a bipod and or sandbag.

The main thing I remember from M/O school is wether shooting at an elevated target or an elevated position the point of unpack will be higher. How much depends of degrees you are!
I agree.

The use of tripods for hunting seem to be the latest fad, and likely a product of their use in PRS.

And those that want to use them so they can pop a deer and/or elk at extended ranges it isn't hunting.

I guess those that have the coin to have an outfitter haul them & their gear around don't care what gear they use since someone else is lugging their gear.

However, the main take-home message is the adjustments that one has to make to make uphill & downhill shots.

I agree.

The use of tripods for hunting seem to be the latest fad, and likely a product of their use in PRS.

And those that want to use them so they can pop a deer and/or elk at extended ranges it isn't hunting.

I guess those that have the coin to have an outfitter haul them & their gear around don't care what gear they use since someone else is lugging their gear.

However, the main take-home message is the adjustments that one has to make to make uphill & downhill shots.

Not to sound negative and I am pro manufacturing and capitalism but sometimes companies just sell to much junk and some folks would buy a dog turd if it had a nice shiny company emblem they worship on it. Maybe I’m that old guy now IDK

Back