testtest

Shot like crap today

If it’s not crazy windy, I’m going out tomorrow.

Even if it is, I still might go out.
5681CF5A-0F5C-410D-ACC0-87790CEB951C.gif
P

Tomorrow’s my day off...think I’m going to the one in Bird Island, should be less crowded, so if I am suffering from SLS, I’m the only witness...:poop:
Wow, you're up there! Have you been to the Rush Lake club in New York Mills? I guess they have a 1250 yard range. I have to check that out this summer. It might be worth the drive and the membership fee.

Went today
Go 3x a week on lunch. Range is open for 3 hrs, then closes and sells firearms per covid regulations on # of folks allowed in a store.

fortunate or unfortunate to be necessary job and out every day. Range is stress relief

put a few low left... had to switch to gun #2. Left target. Collect my thoughts.. go back to gun 1 and right target

CDCAED95-2233-4258-8630-67806A709CE5.jpeg
716B994C-3063-4F5A-B01D-E05ABBF79EFD.jpeg

Wow, you're up there! Have you been to the Rush Lake club in New York Mills? I guess they have a 1250 yard range. I have to check that out this summer. It might be worth the drive and the membership fee.

I think you have the wrong Bird Island; this one’s about 2 hours straight west of the Cities...NYM is a good 2-3 hours away.

But no, I haven’t checked out the Rush Lake range; I did used to belong to the Harris club when I lived in St Paul 20 years ago...they’ve got a 1000yd range.

I think we all have those days.
The trick is to not let the days get into your head, use it as a learning curve.
When I have an off day at the range I analyze why.
Trigger pull.
Breathing.
Eyes wide open.
Grip.
Ammo.
99% of the time the next trip I’m spot on.

A range buddy and I have found that when we take the first shot we know what kind of a day it's going to be.
If the first round goes center target that's the time to quit. Everything after that is going to most
likely be down hill. Save the ammo. Bring the other 49 back another day.
I have done that before. If the first shot looks like I shot it from a bench rest, I'm done. It is only going to get worse from there.

I think you have the wrong Bird Island; this one’s about 2 hours straight west of the Cities...NYM is a good 2-3 hours away.

But no, I haven’t checked out the Rush Lake range; I did used to belong to the Harris club when I lived in St Paul 20 years ago...they’ve got a 1000yd range.
Gotcha. For some reason I thought it was due north. In that case, have fun over there today.

What really sucks...on an day like this, I’d usually call a buddy, and we'd go for lunch, have a few beers...and it's really bugging me it's not an option.

Poop and other vulgarities.
It does suck a lot. I miss grilling and having a beer with my buddies. Poop indeed. Thank you for being smart enough to not go to the protests in St. Paul despite how irritating this nonsense is. I'm both interested and depressed to see what our sickness number do 14 days from last Thursday.

Last edited:
I found out today the local outdoor range is open so I’m planning on early next week to take both my AR pistols and send lead down range.
The Victor in 300 BO will be to check out the changes with the new stock brace.
The Saint Edge Pistol in 5.56 will be to start the break in process and adjust the gas block if needed.
And of course have fun shooting.
If you live in Kentucky check out
Knob Creek near Fort Knox.

I found out today the local outdoor range is open so I’m planning on early next week to take both my AR pistols and send lead down range.
The Victor in 300 BO will be to check out the changes with the new stock brace.
The Saint Edge Pistol in 5.56 will be to start the break in process and adjust the gas block if needed.
And of course have fun shooting.
Knob Creek near Fort Knox.
"
Knob Creek near Fort Knox."

I know where it is, but no longer live in that area. I went to high school in Radliff (Class of '71). :)

I was at the range yesterday, I took my Ruger 10-22 that I had installed a scope on that had been given to me. ten shots and I was sighted in. the other rifle a mini 14 was another story. I had installed a new gas vent and was having a fit getting it adjusted. I need to go back and finish the job. Some times you just need to except the fact your having a bad day and enjoy the day shot on . I was on a out door range in in the woods I got to see an Eagle, a Tom turkey showing off, a doe and a fawn. It was a great day. Leaving home to get away from your wife can have an impact on you shooting.

Back