testtest

SHOT Show 2020 Round-Up

Thanks for the kind words. It was interesting getting to go hands on with the EVAC there. I had seen a lot of pics, but had not really been able to operate it myself yet. Once you do it once or twice it becomes pretty natural and easy. Apparently the Springfield booth crew got a TON of positive feedback on that gun there.

I also REALLY liked the Ronin Operator. Just a nice, classy, well-made 1911 for not a lot of money.

Great job Mike. I can't get enough of seeing that EVAC. I'm sure SA has a 300 BO on the drawing board which I would prefer for Home defense / truck gun over the 556. As in other posts, other calibers would be welcomed as well (like 10mm,etc). Just a thought Mike, maybe you can pass that along to the SA powers that be that make these decisions. 😉

Making notes right now! (y) That being said, the .223 one is still really cool, and I'm seeing a lot more short barrel 5.56mm ammo being developed to get the most out of these types of guns. The EVAC is really proving to be REALLY popular as I saw a long line to shoot it at the Springfield booth at range day in Las Vegas. I suspect there will be a lot of orders for it when it goes live. Be sure to swing over to the Springfield site to sign up for info on it — https://www.springfield-armory.com/saint-edge-evac-coming-soon/

Making notes right now! (y) That being said, the .223 one is still really cool, and I'm seeing a lot more short barrel 5.56mm ammo being developed to get the most out of these types of guns. The EVAC is really proving to be REALLY popular as I saw a long line to shoot it at the Springfield booth at range day in Las Vegas. I suspect there will be a lot of orders for it when it goes live. Be sure to swing over to the Springfield site to sign up for info on it — https://www.springfield-armory.com/saint-edge-evac-coming-soon/
Agreed. My problem is that I bought more than one AR pistols chambered in 223/5.56 before the first SA Saint (Full size Gen 1, I got for $800) was brought to market. And I must say, you guys at Springfield Armory, just keep rolling out more and more variations of the Saint since (which is fantastic by the way). I only have 1 or two 300 BO pistols and I'm getting more interested in running them suppressed. I bought the Ruger AR SR556 take down (it's full size), which is similar to the EVAC where the barrel is easily removed (5.56) and another (300BO) is added. Sadly I've heard they discontinued this model but I still like the concept. It would be great if you could just change the 223/5.56 front end barrel portion of the EVAC to use different front end caliber such as 300 BO, 10mm, etc. I'll surely follow the link and sign up for any info on the EVAC (and who knows, maybe I'll spring for the current model anyways). Thanks very much for sharing it Mike.

I replied in another post that I have never owned an AR, but the new Saint Edge PDW makes me consider one as a home defense alternative. The XD-M Elite would make a perfect home defense handgun with that capacity. I don't know why, but I just want a Ronin 4.25 in 9mm.

I like the look of the PDW. I wish I could have gotten into the SHOT Show to see it and some others stuff.

Back