testtest

Should I Own Different Handguns for Concealed Carry and Home Defense?

I may, or may not, carry a pistol, but there is always a revolver in the nightstand on both sides of the bed.

There are several reasons, the first is if someone makes it to my bedroom undiscovered I want the simplicity and reliability of a revolver. A pistol could be pressed out of battery if I had to push the muzzle against an adversary who is already danger close. Yeah i know, no way anyone gets that close to one of us experts, but it happens all the time.

Second my wife is a dedicated revolver shooter. If she has to, for whatever reason, use the weapon on my side it need to be one she uses well. Both are revolvers, a Sw 637 and my Sw Model 60 both use same speed loaders. Biggest difference is Hers has a laser grip and a weapon light on board. I prefer a separate flashlight.

KISS simple...

I carry a pistol more in warm months than I do in colder months. Colder months and for any woods walking I carry revolvers. But no matter what the bedside stays the same.
As long as it works for you and your wife, that’s all that matters. The biggest reasons for me that a revolver is a non-starter is lack of capacity, and generally if something goes wrong, the malfunction is catastrophic until fixed by a gunsmith. There’s no “tap, rack, shoot” or swap mags with a revolver.

As long as it works for you and your wife, that’s all that matters. The biggest reasons for me that a revolver is a non-starter is lack of capacity, and generally if something goes wrong, the malfunction is catastrophic until fixed by a gunsmith. There’s no “tap, rack, shoot” or swap mags with a revolver.
Yep, a revolver can get tied up once in a while m, but it's rare. I'll take that rare chance over the greater possibility of a pistol failure. Especially in bad breath distance encounters, where tap rack and shoot just aint happenibg. Which I know could never happen to us, but still happens all too often...

We can just agree to disagree on this one lol.

All of our children are grown and gone so there's no reason that I would have to leave the bedroom looking for an intruder.

If someone breaks into our home the plan is for my wife to call the police and for me to cover the bedroom door.
Same thoughts and plan at my household. Have a M&P 2.0 Metal with attached light on the nightstand. I find the strobe effect to be very disorientating. We will go to our safe zone in the bedroom and initiate the plan.

Yes, have higher capacity with laser sights for home use. Smaller guns for ccw. There is something to be said about using the same gun for everything because you are familiar with it. What I take from that is I only use striker pistols for home or ccw.

One for CC and one for home defense. Because two is always better than one.

office-michaelscarn.gif

You need at least 2 or 3. If your funds are low, I highly recommend a Hi Point, they are great truck guns.

If you ever need to use your Carry gun, or even need to show it, the DA is going to hold that evidence.
That's when I'm going to carry a spare and watch my back.
In most states, until the DA clears that case, it'll keep you from buying another.

Last edited:
You need at least 2 or 3. If your funds are low, I highly recommend a High Point, they are great truck guns.

If you ever need to use your Carry gun, or even need to show it, the DA is going to hold that evidence.
That's when I'm going to carry a spare and watch my back.
In most states, until the DA clears that case, it'll keep you from buying another.
I agree but I ain't wasting good money on a Hi Point. They make great truck guns, until they don't.

I'm grateful to have a rotation that I love, and comfortable with, mainly 1911s.
The Hi Point is probably the most underrated handgun out there.
I usually have one when I'm traveling.
The early 9mm had problems, but they fixed that over 10 years ago.
IMG_20230221_204747778_HDR.jpg

Back