testtest

Should You Carry a Handgun With an Empty Chamber?

Latte…..hmmmm…. I always thought people from Britain drank tea….. learned something new everyday……😳😳😳😳
Well, you never can tell Anni. I go through a gallon of iced tea every two days and I've never been to Britain. I did stare at it across the north sea from Den Haag once a long time ago, but my wife assured me that was the weed because it's not possible to actually see Britain from there. :)

Well, you never can tell Anni. I go through a gallon of iced tea every two days and I've never been to Britain. I did stare at it across the north sea from Den Haag once a long time ago, but my wife assured me that was the weed because it's not possible to actually see Britain from there. :)
Hopefully when you drank that ice tea, you didn’t hold your pinky finger out…..🤔🤔🤔🤔

Returning to subject matter, I believe it should always revert one's circumstances to decide whether to carry with a hot chamber, or not. There are valid reasons for both conditions.

I'm going to revise this statement.

If you take everybody in this country who has a concealed handgun permit.

And divided them into two groups people who carry a gun regularly and people who don't the largest group would be people who don't.

From there if you divide the people who regularly carry into two groups,

People who carry with a round in the chamber and the people who don't.

I will say again that the biggest group will be people who don't

I would like to see where that "factoid" comes from just out of curiosity, not saying I disagree. Or was it simply made up on the fly.

I would like to see where that "factoid" comes from just out of curiosity, not saying I disagree. Or was it simply made up on the fly.
I'm not claiming that my statement is Gospel writ, I'm saying this is my observation from Reading internet gun forms. Maybe it's right maybe it's wrong but it is what I believe

Based on my reading of Internet gun forums.

There's a lot of people even on Enthusiast forms such as this one who claim that they have a handgun permit because it allows them to skip the background check process in their state or the 3-day waiting period in their state and that they almost never actually carry a handgun.

If the numbers are high on a forum for people who are into this what do you think they are for people who don't even care enough to get on the internet?

Last edited:

There's a lot of people even on Enthusiast forms such as this one who claim that they have a handgun permit because it allows them to skip the background check process in their state or the 3-day waiting period in their state and that they almost never actually carry a handgun.

If the numbers are high on a forum for people who are into this what do you think they are for people who don't even care enough to get on the internet?
I got my CCW license way before Ohio made the law that you could use your license for your background check, I had to have a CCW due to where I worked at my county jail. I did not get my permit to just skip background checks and since Ohio doesn’t have a waiting period, I also can’t see people bragging about getting a permit to skip checks and waiting periods on any open forum, it they did, then they shouldn’t have one in the first place.

I got my CCW license way before Ohio made the law that you could use your license for your background check, I had to have a CCW due to where I worked at my county jail. I did not get my permit to just skip background checks and since Ohio doesn’t have a waiting period, I also can’t see people bragging about getting a permit to skip checks and waiting periods on any open forum, it they did, then they shouldn’t have one in the first place.
You are a sample size of one.
Regardless of what we think about why people get concealed handgun permits they can and they do.

Another database that I drew from was people that I worked with.

I worked as a security guard for 15 years in one instance all guards were required to carry on an empty chamber.

A whole bunch of the people that I worked with absolutely would not carry their firearm was around in the chamber. They wouldn't do it even when it wasn't a client requirement.

I did security for my church on a volunteer basis and a lot of the guys that I worked with in that capacity carried with an empty chamber.

I live in Colorado I think there's actually is a 3-day waiting. Now but there wasn't when I was buying guns and the concealed handgun permit did not get you out of the background check. So no one I've ever met personally got a concealed handgun permit for that.

I've also run into quite a few people in the real world and why do people on internet forums who have a concealed handgun permit because they feel like it will make them more legitimate while transporting their firearms to and from the range.

Go over to Glocktalk and start a discussion asking how many people do "Israeli" carry or carry in condition 3 and watch how many people tell you that they do.

Start another discussion asking how many people carry a firearm (Where Legal) every time they leave their home.

See what the responses are.

I mentioned Glock talk because as far as I know it's the largest gun forum out there maybe the composting Outhouse known as ar15.com is bigger

You are a sample size of one.
Regardless of what we think about why people get concealed handgun permits they can and they do.

Another database that I drew from was people that I worked with.

I worked as a security guard for 15 years in one instance all guards were required to carry on an empty chamber.

A whole bunch of the people that I worked with absolutely would not carry their firearm was around in the chamber. They wouldn't do it even when it wasn't a client requirement.

I did security for my church on a volunteer basis and a lot of the guys that I worked with in that capacity carried with an empty chamber.

I live in Colorado I think there's actually is a 3-day waiting. Now but there wasn't when I was buying guns and the concealed handgun permit did not get you out of the background check. So no one I've ever met personally got a concealed handgun permit for that.

I've also run into quite a few people in the real world and why do people on internet forums who have a concealed handgun permit because they feel like it will make them more legitimate while transporting their firearms to and from the range.

Go over to Glocktalk and start a discussion asking how many people do "Israeli" carry or carry in condition 3 and watch how many people tell you that they do.

Start another discussion asking how many people carry a firearm (Where Legal) every time they leave their home.

See what the responses are.

I mentioned Glock talk because as far as I know it's the largest gun forum out there maybe the composting Outhouse known as ar15.com is bigger
Well for one, my reply had nothing to do with a round in chamber, it was a reply to your statement that people get there permit to bypass checks and waiting periods, I did belong to glocktalk at one time, to many foolish members there so I left a few years back, they may be a largest forum, but actually who cares to be honest. I do carry my gun with a round in the chamber FYI, also you said some on here just got their permit to bypass laws, never saw those posts but I see you edited that part out.

I'm not claiming that my statement is Gospel writ, I'm saying this is my observation from Reading internet gun forms. Maybe it's right maybe it's wrong but it is what I believe

If you take everybody in this country who has a concealed handgun permit.

And divided them into two groups people who carry a gun regularly and people who don't the largest group would

I will say again that the biggest group will be people who don't

What you wrote was not presented as opinion. Which is why I asked where you heard such a thing.

Outside of my gun club, won't include that very high percent group, I know to my memory, 9 people who have concealed carry permits.

Of those 9, 2, do not carry every day. One is my wife, I tend to carry for her, and obe is a nephew. That's better than 75 percent In a small sample size for those who do carry.

I suspect that in an overall populace of Ccw owners numbers of who carry might depend upon location and perceived danger more than most other factors, probably being higher in urban areas where there is higher crime and possibly lower in rural areas where crime rates tend to be considered lower, even if not in actuality. The safer one feels the kess chance of CCW constantly.

Another thing to watch out for is occupation, if a sample size has a higher percentage of say health care workers in a state like michigan CCW every day would be very low. Numbers in surveys and observation can be easily skewed.

Last edited:
My perspective is this. Unless you are my partner whom I rely upon to cover me, I could care less if you have a round chambered. But consider this in the armed civilian context. Chances are you will never need to fire the gun you carry in defense of yourself or others, but we train and equip ourselves against that unlikely event. If your unlucky number comes up and you do need it, you will need it quickly. Speed, power, and accuracy determine the outcome in armed confrontations. The rule of threes prevails in most deadly confrontations, meaning a range of 3 yards or less, 3 shots or less are fired, and it is over in 3 seconds. Of course there are statistical outliers but the rule of 3's is the most likely. If you are not prepared to deal with the most likely defensive scenario, why bother? Everyone chooses their own path based on what they are most comfortable with.
Y'all be safe out there and drink lots of water.

Returning to subject matter, I believe it should always revert one's circumstances to decide whether to carry with a hot chamber, or not. There are valid reasons for both conditions.
I apologize; I should have stated I always carry with a hot chamber, as time is just too precious to squander racking a round. Beside the fact of not really trusting myself to remember under duress.

My perspective is this. Unless you are my partner whom I rely upon to cover me, I could care less if you have a round chambered. But consider this in the armed civilian context. Chances are you will never need to fire the gun you carry in defense of yourself or others, but we train and equip ourselves against that unlikely event. If your unlucky number comes up and you do need it, you will need it quickly. Speed, power, and accuracy determine the outcome in armed confrontations. The rule of threes prevails in most deadly confrontations, meaning a range of 3 yards or less, 3 shots or less are fired, and it is over in 3 seconds. Of course there are statistical outliers but the rule of 3's is the most likely. If you are not prepared to deal with the most likely defensive scenario, why bother? Everyone chooses their own path based on what they are most comfortable with.
Y'all be safe out there and drink lots of water.
This. Exactly.

I know more people that carry than I can count. This is Missouri. I know no one that carries with an empty chamber. Might as well carry a brick.

I easily drink 8 cups of tea a day. Easily. I buy my tea in bags of 480! Yorkshire Tea. It’s working man’s tea.
When I first visited the U.K. I set out on a mission to have crumpets and tea, so I could say I did so. My list of U.K. culinary delights included a full English breakfast, bangers and mash, fish and chips at Wells Next the Sea, some of the best Thai and Indian food in the world, and some Toad in the hole. All washed down with copious amounts of strong English tea.

When I first visited the U.K. I set out on a mission to have crumpets and tea, so I could say I did so. My list of U.K. culinary delights included a full English breakfast, bangers and mash, fish and chips at Wells Next the Sea, some of the best Thai and Indian food in the world, and some Toad in the hole. All washed down with copious amounts of strong English tea.
You’re making me hungry!

Back