testtest

Should You Carry a Handgun With an Empty Chamber?

Hi,

Oh there will be plenty of time for that after I talk the bad guy into dropping his weapon and enjoying a nice latte with me instead.

Just put one of those "No Weapons Allowed" signs out front so you'll be safe and secure. ;)

I carry with one the chamber. If I carried a revolver, probably not. I take extra precaution when the grandkids are around. Everything is either locked up or disassembled except for the EDC on my body in a good holster.

Everyone knows the reasons for "yes" and "no". Practice and train for your situation and God be with you.

And that's my profound glimpse into the obvious for today. :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No 1911 holster is designed to have the hammer down. None. That’s silly with a 1911.

Anyway, no one should ever carry an auto with an empty chamber. It’s stupid. Train and learn safety.
my holster for the 1967 colt will allow hammer back and safety ON
the ronin with the larger thumb land on the safety will not allow the hammer to stay fully cocked and safety to remain ON
as soon as strap is engaged, it lowers the safety
i sent an email to falco to see if they are making a new style for the ronin based on larger thumb safety .
as mentioned, the ronin is a non carry , its my range pistol

I would be willing to bet that if you take everybody in this country that carries a gun and split them into people who carry with around in chamber and people who don't the vast majority would be people who don't.

I'm not saying that I agree with that I'm saying that I believe that it's true
You think the “vast majority” carry with an empty chamber? I would bet it’s a small minority. Maybe 10%.

When I'm carrying whether it be on or off duty always one in the pipe. I will admit though that when I get a new holster I will around the house wear it with an empty weapon until I am familiar with it thoroughly. I did train with a former Israeli IDF forces member who carries with an empty chamber. Numerous times I have trained with him and he showed me the way they draw their weapons and chamber as the gun comes out of the holster and on target. He said he was trained that way from day 1 and has done so ever since. If it works it works to each their own. Just my two cents....

An empty chamber on a revolver is a different beast compared with semi-autos. Both SA and DA would automatically rotate to bring up the next chamber upon cocking which should be loaded unless you're experimenting with Russian roulette. A revolver that isn't drop safe such as a SAA, should loaded hammer down on empty chamber. Just saying.

Only the Shadow knows
1686093737819.png

You should. If you leaving it at home. Otherwise what’s the point of carrying if the gun isn’t loaded. I carry a 1911 in condition 3 everywhere.

I would be willing to bet that if you take everybody in this country that carries a gun and split them into people who carry with around in chamber and people who don't the vast majority would be people who don't.

I'm not saying that I agree with that I'm saying that I believe that it's true
I'm going to revise this statement.

If you take everybody in this country who has a concealed handgun permit.

And divided them into two groups people who carry a gun regularly and people who don't the largest group would be people who don't.

From there if you divide the people who regularly carry into two groups,

People who carry with a round in the chamber and the people who don't.

I will say again that the biggest group will be people who don't

Last edited:
Back