testtest

Shoulder holster please

One thing I have found is you can't go by review ratings for a holster. A holster is such an individual thing that they are not one style/type fits all. Had folks at the range recommend something. I try it and don't like it, Get something I like and they wouldn't have it.

I'm still looking for a zippered, hopefully waterproof/resistant pouch of some sort that I can carry/attach to my pfd while kayak fishing. Would be concealing/containing my XDS9. I showup at the launch site usually early enough where I'm the only one there, and it's sometimes not quite daylight, but don't want to be surprised by some malcontent looking to rob someone.

Last edited:
Mine would too if it wasn't 1/3 to 1/4 the price of another pistol!!
I always see it as, I'm going to spent A LOT more time with my gun on my person holstered than I will shooting it. Same argument I use when people compare expensive knives to guns; "for that much money, I could buy a gun instead". True, but I open a lot of boxes and cut a lot of threads off shirts and things every day of my life with my "expensive" knives, and I hardly ever shoot anyone... So that money is getting put to good use, and will likely hold up better and perform better than a lesser option (not saying there aren't quality pieces at good prices).

TL:DR - I'd rather spend the extra cheddar on the comfort/capability/quality when possible since it's going to affect my day to day directly and impact the longevity of the item in question. YMMV

I always see it as, I'm going to spent A LOT more time with my gun on my person holstered than I will shooting it. Same argument I use when people compare expensive knives to guns; "for that much money, I could buy a gun instead".
But the one with the most guns when he dies wins and I am soooooo far behind. I don't mind inexpensive knives as they get lost or borrowed (same thing) and I just buy another, no big deal. Before I'll spend big bucks I'll try a cheap alterative to see if I'm going to like. However, to each their own.... IMHO

But the one with the most guns when he dies wins and I am soooooo far behind. I don't mind inexpensive knives as they get lost or borrowed (same thing) and I just buy another, no big deal. Before I'll spend big bucks I'll try a cheap alterative to see if I'm going to like. However, to each their own.... IMHO
HA can't argue with that. Buying more guns is always a good option!

But you get what you pay for. Used a Galico for many years without any problems. Keep an eye out for sales is a good way to buy a quality holster and not break the bank.
Correct, except I'll buy a cheap one first to test if that's the style I'd like.....

Got mine off Ebay for $50. Watching there for one for my G19 now.
Got my mikes for about $50 on Amazon.... If it really works for me I'll go with a leather rig. See if I can get holsters to interchange with my Glock and 1911.

Back