testtest

Sig mags, might fit Canik

UPDATE: August 15, 2022

SUCCESS.......!!!!!

i took the canik to the range, and it worked flawlessly with the modified Sig mag.

it shot all 10 rds, and held back the slide on the last round.

as i mentioned in another posting, i replaced the sig follower, with one from a canik..

now, what i will do is keep the other 2 sig mags, and if i have to, modify them as well, IF MecGar, cannot build them for the Canik in 10 round capacity.

point here too, i don't know why this is typing in bold print, for like a zillion times, i made sure that feature was turned off....
Am I missing something ? Isn’t that 10 rd. mags in the link I posted up there? Why would you go through all that trouble to modify Sig mags, which you then won’t be able to use in your Sig, when you can just buy some mags for $35 ?

Am I missing something ? Isn’t that 10 rd. mags in the link I posted up there? Why would you go through all that trouble to modify Sig mags, which you then won’t be able to use in your Sig, when you can just buy some mags for $35 ?
1) 10 round mags for my Canik are not available. (MA 549) (what you posted, and i already knew about, i am on the "waiting list".)

2) my state passed a law that we can only have 10 round mags

3) i do not own a Sig.

4) a shooter at the range had said that a Sig 226 mag WILL fit a Canik, but if he mentioned "with some modifications", no one there recalls.

5) a 10 rd Canik mag, if they were to ever become available, is going for $40.

6) a 10 rd Sig mag (from Sig) is going for $50...where i had to buy mine, as the LGS did not have any

7) i tried all my usual places to buy a cheaper Sig 10 rd mag, they are out of stock.

8) there are NO mags for $35 available for a canik, believe me, i exhausted all my usual magazine places, at home, and on line.

Sig 226 for the win!1 Sell the Canik. Get yourself a Legion. You’ll be saying “What Canik?” Get the SAO though, it’s got a better trigger than the DA/SA.

Sig 226 for the win!1 Sell the Canik. Get yourself a Legion. You’ll be saying “What Canik?” Get the SAO though, it’s got a better trigger than the DA/SA.
nope, i am slowly doing away with plastic, in favor for all metal

nope, i am slowly doing away with plastic, in favor for all metal
Yeah, I’m with you. I have quite few plastic guns, one of which I would never give up - my Archon Type B - but nothing is quite the same as an all metal gun with a hammer.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lots of all metal Sigs in the line up

The Legion series are all metal: 226, 220, 320 X5, etc ….

Not all Sigs are plastic wonders. Lots of great Heavy Metal pistols available.

i know that i am dying for the Sig 1911, with the burlwood grips....supposedly, Sig stopped making them during the pandemic, in favor of more 9mm's to supply that demand.

my LGS owner, actually called his Sig rep when i was there that day, and asked about that 1911, and Sig (again supposedly) will be shipping out their 1911, this month August)

pricing is yet to be announced.

I like cold steel. I ain't getting rid of any plastic ones though.
i'll keep my Glocks, i think that after all this rigermorol of working on a mag for the Canik??

that'll be among the first to get the heave-ho.

now i'm bored after solving this magazine puzzle.

and frankly..??

i cannot think of any other "plastic" guns that i have, other than those Glocks and that Canik.....

that's the problem with "too many guns".......even with a log book, i still can't remember what i have...!!!!!

i'll keep my Glocks, i think that after all this rigermorol of working on a mag for the Canik??

that'll be among the first to get the heave-ho.

now i'm bored after solving this puzzle.

I have S&Ws, Walthers, HKs and SAs. All high quality plastic. Thanks to Simon I hit my limit for new plastic handguns this year, but next year I may start on Sigs. Again thanks to Simon, I may check out an X5 Legion. Then again I got a hankerin' for a USP 45.

I have S&Ws, Walthers, HKs and SAs. All high quality plastic. Thanks to Simon I hit my limit for new plastic handguns this year, but next year I may start on Sigs. Again thanks to Simon, I may check out an X5 Legion. Then again I got a hankerin' for a USP 45.
i did an "inventory" of all my plastic guns..

3-Glocks

1-Canik

soon to be NO Canik

i am wiped out, trying to make this Sig 226 mag work, and i accomplished that, after trial and error.

i gave up being a mechanic decades ago, cuz i hated solving problems

got into trucking, and lasted decades in that.

my thoughts are this, i can get, (and i have) magazines for all my other guns, American and foreign built.

But NOT Canik, in fact, on my former Canik, a TP 9 SF, i needed parts, and i had to put my thumb up my butt, and wait an extraordinary amount of time for spare parts.

why..??

i can get parts for my Beretta (made in Italy), my Girsan (made in Turkey), my CZ's (made in Czech Republic) and all my 1911's, and my 3 Glocks..

but why does the Canik brand have to be Richard Craniums and NOT have spare parts available..??

this was my 2nd Canik, and it'll be my last.

great gun out of the box, great shooter, great factory trigger.

just NEVER need replacement parts, especially now, magazines, in 10 round capacity which I NEED due to my STUPID law makers that think they are saving the world from hi-cap mag owners.....

i cleaned the gun, lubed it, packed all the components into the Canik case, and a RSO at the range told me this morning, he wants it, for a carry gun.

he can care less this new mag law...

in the end, my Glocks PERFORM, and i shoot each well very well. (yes there is recoil, but for me, manageable, the Canik has a bit MORE recoil and annoying)

my other 9mm's are all metal, all my 1911's are all metal.

shooting them over the plastic there is "less recoil", and no one can debate that as a fact.

you can try, but i ain't gonna listen.

yeah, my Glocks are plastic, but i can also GET PARTS for them, and i'm gonna keep those...

Canik has a great line of guns, just don't expect to get parts with-in about a 10 year waiting period (sarcasm)

If you’re going to get a USP45, go the extra mile for a Tactical, Expert, or Elite.

Simon !!
@SimonRL bought his X5 AFTER he fired mine ….
Man, no respect.. I get no respect round here 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣

1660683620130.gif

I only have one Sig. A 226 Legion that I've only shot about a 100 rounds through. I should take it out more. Been looking around for the new Macro that was just released but no one around me has one. My dealer does have both the Army M-17 and 18 and a few 10mm 320 Legions in stock but never fired any of them and my dealer is a big time Sig guy maybe someday I'll move into a 10mm Sig. Although my plastic guns never gave me any issues. Just jinxed myself though...

Could you make a spacer for inside your stock mags to limit them to 10 rounds and would that satisfy your state law🤔 you would think someone could print a spacer up for you. This is also my first post 👍🏻

Back