testtest

Sig P365 380

Yes in deed, you can change so much with both Sig P-320 ( includes M17 & M18) and Sig P-365 to ones personal desires as they have a FCU.(that has the only serial number on the pistol) We all can thank the US military as they wanted to update their berretta 92 for a modular FCU in 9mm and afterward Sig got the contract, the market for P320 exploded just as the P365 is still exploding as we speak
I really like my Sig P320 Compact(two tone). I went a few years without owning a Sig Sauer and I missed having one so much. I would like to try a Sig P365XL. I've read great things about them...:)

As far having to carry a different firearm because of injuries, it does suck. I had neck micro fracture surgery and then 2 years later I had Quadruple Bypass surgery. The only firearm I could carry for a while was a S&W 638 Bodyguard(which I still have to this day and will probably be with me until I die).

Before I got the P320 I got a S&W M&P EZ in 9mm and it's a good semi-auto for old people...:) I'm seriously considering getting the S&W Equalizer(EZ with higher capacity magazines and different slide serrations. It looks like a cross between a EZ and Beretta APX...:))

I find myself carrying the P320 Compact most often, even if it gives me a little neck pain once in a while. I've been experimenting with chest bags(or wearing a fanny pack across the chest). So far I can carry the P320 (and spare 20 round magazine) in a chest bag/fanny pack, with no pain. I'm thinking a P365 XL would be just as comfortable.

I'd prefer to carry at minimum a 9 mm or (38 special). When I see posts of 1911s, which I enjoy, it does kind of make me sad because before the surgeries I had at least 1 1911 in my arsenal, many times I had several. I miss my Para Ordinance P14-45...a lot...:)

Actually no, the P320 existed before the M17/M18, and before the XM17 solicitation. This was one of the requirements of the XM17: be a derivative of an existing gun, not a new design. SIG had made that clever decision on their own, astute business acumen I'd say!

M18 is my favorite "compact" by far, never had any issue, from the very first shot. But now it's taking a back seat to the Prodigy.
Exactly, sig had the P320 FCU before the military selected the M17/M18. again the P320 market exploded after the military choose it.
Just like the Beretta 92, when the military choose it, many had to have it as well.
Even Smokie and the bandit with his black screaming chicken on the hood, the dealers could not keep them in stock as so many had to have that specific model.
People are so easily influenced by TV and things.

Exactly, sig had the P320 FCU before the military selected the M17/M18. again the P320 market exploded after the military choose it.
Just like the Beretta 92, when the military choose it, many had to have it as well.
Even Smokie and the bandit with his black screaming chicken on the hood, the dealers could not keep them in stock as so many had to have that specific model.
People are so easily influenced by TV and things.
I just don't agree with your assessment of the P320 market vs. M18/M17, bold letters or not... The P320 was a service weapon for many police departments way before the US Army contract. SIG didn't even market the M18 as a P320 initially, it was just the M18/M17, it has changed now and it's called a P320-M18 and I'd be curious to see if it's a real M18 anymore... I don't think P320 sales exploded because of the US Army, they exploded because of the merits of the gun and the many options the P320 offered.

Mine is straight M18, no P320 markings on it. Of course, if one knows what a P320C is, M18 looks familiar with added bonus, including 21 round mags :) P320 was selling very well on its own regardless of the M versions, I don't think it's got anything to do with M17 or M18. I have never heard sales people selling P320 because the US Army chose it... I do hear many talking about P320 being a trustworthy gun used by many Police Departments, this is a far more compelling argument. Civilians can relate a lot more with PD than with grunts... That is what the SIG sales people say in Epping, I've been there quite a few times and they're really not pushing the M17/M18...

Most of the guys I see shooting the P320 Legion versions look down on the M18/M17 just as they look down on the P320C, they didn't get theirs because of the US Army contract. I know plenty of people, including myself who had a P320 before getting an M18. Couple years before actually, and I got an M18 because it was a P320, not the opposite.

The P365 is very popular, probably more popular than P320, and it has nothing to do with anything but people liking it for what it is (I don't, but that's another story).

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got rid of the 365-380. It was just too small for my hand. I just do not shoot the 365 good at all, no matter the caliber. I know a lot of people like them but just not for me. Picked up a Shield Plus and I am totally pleased with it. Sig's are just not my thing.

Back