testtest

SIG responds to MONTVILLE CT video

There is no other gun made by SIG that is presenting this issue.
There is no other gun by any other manufacturer “that is being reported” as presenting this issue.
According to SIG its ALWAYS operator error.

This statement by SIG Is just more
Blah blah blah.

My opinion.

So the common factor with all of these discharges are one brand of pistol model. You could say it is the holster, but of the flip side the holsters in question are so commonly used that other brands do not seem to have the same issues with discharges. So yes you can blame the holster but eventually....maybe Sig created the problem? They could have added a trigger safety like every other striker fired pistol has. The 320 is at the end of a day a single action and if you don't have a manual safety version you are riding a very fine line, that the trigger can be manipulated. The Doughnut Operator mentioned Sig could offer a safety bladed trigger "upgrade" even calling it a duty trigger.

How many of these discharges could have been avoided if there was a passive trigger safety? If even a few of them....Sig is liable. In my opinion those that are suing Sig are taking the wrong approach that the pistol can just go off. Nope the plaintiffs need to show that the pistol is working as intended, with a nice easy trigger pull that takes no effort, especially with the lack of an industry standard trigger safety. Sig created the problem. Combined with common established training standards that you Draw and reholster while not looking at your holster. You look at the target. You should practice enough that reholstering and indexing happens like second nature. If you look down at the holster that means the bad guy can do something while you are not watching.

On the flip side Glocks were the last pistol that had a reputation for discharging "all the time" while holstering. This was one of the reasons the Croatian designers added a Grip safety to the HS2000 and XD. Early adverting and training showed that as you re-holster you loosen you back grip disengaging the grip safety. You could shove the pistol even with an obstruction and the pistol would not discharge. But the addiction of both a trigger safety and a grip safety was and is apparently just too much for some.

In essence carrying an sig 320 with no manual safety is a kin to cocked, but with nothing locked. That's the way you sue Sig. And make them tell you why they chose to not include a passive safety, all the while promoting the fine trigger.

Last edited:
Kind of reminds me of a couple years ago the Hellcat release. Remember the "dreaded" double clicking of the trigger? Where if you did not get a proper grip and had a terrible trigger pull the pistol would not fire. Internet commandos demanded that the pistol's trigger should be able to fire no matter what even if they were applying sideways pressure on the trigger. The Hellcat trigger safety was doing what it was supposed to.

The P320 is a big and bulky brick. I says while more civilians "may" have them, the overwhelming number of them aren't carrying IWB and are certainly not open carrying them. I'd assume L.E. would by far actually log more hours actually carrying these weapons.

The military have a different version than civilians as theirs have a thumb safety, and there have been several cases of civilians claiming their example fired in the holster too.

I can't say I've see videos of Glocks or other popular pistols going off in the holster. It also should be pointed out that the P320's striker is fully cocked whereas most other strikers are half cocked and have a trigger safety. It's also a possibility that it could be a QC aka execution issue on Sig's part and not a design issue. That could be an explanation as to why it's not readily repeatable with all P320s. Then it could be that the P320's design is just more prone to these type of issues simular to how a 1911 without a grip and thumb safety would be more prone to ND thus why no one would carry that way.
Umm, ok if you say so, but.. At the gun club I belong to every guy I know with a p320 carries it, either exclusively or as part of thier rotation. Off the top of my head that means probably a dozen guys. The compact frame is very easy and comfortable to conceal I have been told.

If I go simply by the numbers of guys I personally know who carry, the p320 is probably in the top 10 handguns carried. Others would be P365 variant, 1911 variant, Glock variant, Shield/Mp series, and revolvers all grouped together.

No sure its too big for carry at all.

So the common factor with all of these discharges are one brand of pistol model. You could say it is the holster, but of the flip side the holsters in question are so commonly used that other brands do not seem to have the same issues with discharges. So yes you can blame the holster but eventually....maybe Sig created the problem? They could have added a trigger safety like every other striker fired pistol has. The 320 is at the end of a day a single action and if you don't have a manual safety version you are riding a very fine line, that the trigger can be manipulated. The Doughnut Operator mentioned Sig could offer a safety bladed trigger "upgrade" even calling it a duty trigger.

How many of these discharges could have been avoided if there was a passive trigger safety? If even a few of them....Sig is liable. In my opinion those that are suing Sig are taking the wrong approach that the pistol can just go off. Nope the plaintiffs need to show that the pistol is working as intended, with a nice easy trigger pull that takes no effort, especially with the lack of an industry standard trigger safety. Sig created the problem. Combined with common established training standards that you Draw and reholster while not looking at your holster. You look at the target. You should practice enough that reholstering and indexing happens like second nature. If you look down at the holster that means the bad guy can do something while you are not watching.

On the flip side Glocks were the last pistol that had a reputation for discharging "all the time" while holstering. This was one of the reasons the Croatian designers added a Grip safety to the HS2000 and XD. Early adverting and training showed that as you re-holster you loosen you back grip disengaging the grip safety. You could shove the pistol even with an obstruction and the pistol would not discharge. But the addiction of both a trigger safety and a grip safety was and is apparently just too much for some.

In essence carrying an sig 320 with no manual safety is a kin to cocked, but with nothing locked. That's the way you sue Sig. And make them tell you why they chose to not include a passive safety, all the while promoting the fine trigger.
1690924038007.gif

Kind of reminds me of a couple years ago the Hellcat release. Remember the "dreaded" double clicking of the trigger? Where if you did not get a proper grip and had a terrible trigger pull the pistol would not fire. Internet commandos demanded that the pistol's trigger should be able to fire no matter what even if they were applying sideways pressure on the trigger. The Hellcat trigger safety was doing what it was supposed to.

Just an observation from teaching. That issue with Hellcats was 1 over stated (like many) and 2 when it did happen (like the couple times I recall (the person looked at me like the gun was broke) yes it was the trigger finger placement and was by people trying to use “just the tip” like it was some kind of target sniper rifle. Handguns are not sniper rifles with 1 pound triggers!

What about the double reset click on the Xdm Elites, all of mine have it, doesn't cause any issues, but its there, so are all the ones in my shop have it.........only occurs if you follow the slide home with your hand, let it drop home by itself not there.....so, what I am saying, lots of guns have issues, some serious and some not so serious....

If McDonald’s can loose twice for serving hot food/beverages then anyone can get sued. I am just trying to provide a logical course of reasoning, instead of the magical “the gun just goes off theory”. Use Sigs own findings against them. Why did the military choose to go with pistols with manual safeties?
The military requires safeties because the vast majority of those issued sidearms are not gunfighters. The manual safety reduces the risk of negligent discharge due to improper handling.

Back