testtest

SIG SAUER Company failure to honor guarantee

I bought a SIG SAUER weapon and laser attachment for my pistol. The weapon light/laser had SIG SAUER on the body. The box said SIG SAUER in several places. The booklet said that "SIG SAUER" guaranteed the item for the original purchaser and they would replace or repair it. The SIG SAUER company name was mentioned multiple times as the ones who guaranteed the weapon light/laser. The polymer mounting clip broke after firing only 5-6 rounds. When I emailed Sig about the problem, they said the light was made by Sig Tac and they would not offer a repair nor would they replace the light. The item cost me $189.00 and I had the receipt, box, manual, and all the parts of the broken light. Despite this, they would only offer me a $50 discount if I bought a new light from them. I will never buy another SIG SAUER product weapon or accessory. They stiffed me on their written guarantee blaming it on another group (SIG TAC) however, nowhere on the light, the manual or the box is there a name of SIG TAC. There is the name of SIG SAUER emblazoned all over the light, the box and especially the manual as well as the guarantee language written in the manual. Take heed my friends; SIG SAUER will stiff you one way or another. I will never trust them again.

Here is an article from 2013 about Sig launching SigTac.

And here is a page from Sig's website showing all their trademarked brands, including SigTac.

I bought a SIG SAUER weapon and laser attachment for my pistol. The weapon light/laser had SIG SAUER on the body. The box said SIG SAUER in several places. The booklet said that "SIG SAUER" guaranteed the item for the original purchaser and they would replace or repair it. The SIG SAUER company name was mentioned multiple times as the ones who guaranteed the weapon light/laser. The polymer mounting clip broke after firing only 5-6 rounds. When I emailed Sig about the problem, they said the light was made by Sig Tac and they would not offer a repair nor would they replace the light. The item cost me $189.00 and I had the receipt, box, manual, and all the parts of the broken light. Despite this, they would only offer me a $50 discount if I bought a new light from them. I will never buy another SIG SAUER product weapon or accessory. They stiffed me on their written guarantee blaming it on another group (SIG TAC) however, nowhere on the light, the manual or the box is there a name of SIG TAC. There is the name of SIG SAUER emblazoned all over the light, the box and especially the manual as well as the guarantee language written in the manual. Take heed my friends; SIG SAUER will stiff you one way or another. I will never trust them again.
sorry to hear this, and i have to ask, do you have pictures of all angles (all 6 sides) on the box, as well as on the light?

it ain't that i don't believe you, but if it is a SigTac, then it should be stamped/ID'd as such.

in the warranty booklet, in the fine print, there may be a clause specifying the light.

I don’t understand how the product can have a lifetime warranty and it not be covered. Unless Sig is saying it was abused.

One thing we always knew, Sig doesn’t build anything except guns. All their other products are rebranded. Like the Romeo 5 which is built by Holosun.

Moderator Note:

Please refrain from calling everyone on here a troll because they have a grievance or a complaint about a product. Just because it's a new poster doesn't mean that person is a troll. There's plenty of older members here that occasionally voice a compliment and aren't treated like trolls.

If any member new or old get unruly and disrespectful then they will be subject to disciplinary actions or possible suspension as stated in the forum rules.

i just checked there, and i see no such complaint....

why complain about a Sig on a Springfield website, is beyond me...

he needs to take pics and post them.
Good point! Might be posting on other gun forums also. It could also be about awareness of that particular product. This person might not be a member of status elsewhere. Fact is if there is a written guarantee it should be honored!

Good point! Might be posting on other gun forums also. It could also be about awareness of that particular product. This person might not be a member of status elsewhere. Fact is if there is a written guarantee it should be honored!
1) i agree on taking care of the customer, especially if the unit was part of the purchase, however, as i read the posting again?

doesn't mention specifically a 365, nor the sight as an included in the box with the gun purchase, but a separate purchase from the gun.??? as he said it cost hime $189.

2) i checked again, and unless i missed it, there isn't a 365 sub forum.

3) but still, if it is in any way "Sig branded", it should be covered.......so something more to this might be missing.

4) it might be too, as mentioned, if he did post something bad at the Sig website? it could have been deleted..

which i feel that is unconscionable to do, as a person has a right to voice his/her opinion on the product.

I have been usins SIG firearms since the 80's. I have used their red dots and Electro Optics. I don't recall ever hearing the name SIGTAC until this. What is their relationship to SIG?
SIG SAUER introduced the SIGTAC line of weapons accessories, weapons systems, including holsters, lights, lasers and optics. The new accessory arm of SIG SAUER has competitive holster and magazine pouch offerings for SIG SAUER products, as well as a variety of other popular firearm brands.Feb 10, 2013

Back