testtest

SIG SAUER Company failure to honor guarantee

Moderator Note:

Please refrain from calling everyone on here a troll because they have a grievance or a complaint about a product. Just because it's a new poster doesn't mean that person is a troll. There's plenty of older members here that occasionally voice a compliment and aren't treated like trolls.

If any member new or old get unruly and disrespectful then they will be subject to disciplinary actions or possible suspension as stated in the forum rules.
Ain't that the truth. Sometimes, people are motives to join forums when they have grievances.

I was looking for information about obtaining spare Springfield parts for a Hellcat I just purchased. I've owned Springfields in the past (XD and XD Mod 2), but they weren't EDCs. I like to horde spare parts for firearms I plan on EDCing for years, so I can immediately change wear or broken parts. I don't want to have to go through the trouble and wait to send my EDC in to have a simple part replaced when I can do it myself. Plus,I noticed that Springfield (and other manufacturers) has sometimes abruptly discontinued some of their offerings in the past, so I want to cover my a** in case that happened several years into the future.

While searching for information, I found this forum through Springfield's website. I joined and complained about it, and I recall a lot of snarky remarks because of it. I won't buy any Springfield products anymore because of it, but I am still stuck around to discuss other topics.

Basically that's a long-winded way to say not everyone whose first post is a complaint is a troll.

Ain't that the truth. Sometimes, people are motives to join forums when they have grievances.

I was looking for information about obtaining spare Springfield parts for a Hellcat I just purchased. I've owned Springfields in the past (XD and XD Mod 2), but they weren't EDCs. I like to horde spare parts for firearms I plan on EDCing for years, so I can immediately change wear or broken parts. I don't want to have to go through the trouble and wait to send my EDC in to have a simple part replaced when I can do it myself. Plus,I noticed that Springfield (and other manufacturers) has sometimes abruptly discontinued some of their offerings in the past, so I want to cover my a** in case that happened several years into the future.

While searching for information, I found this forum through Springfield's website. I joined and complained about it, and I recall a lot of snarky remarks because of it. I won't buy any Springfield products anymore because of it, but I am still stuck around to discuss other topics.

Basically that's a long-winded way to say not everyone whose first post is a complaint is a troll.

It only takes one person to act like a bully and then the pile on effect starts. Attacking members and calling them a troll without any real context for the accusation is in itself troll like behavior.

Did a search and think I've found the product the OP is referring to for those interested. Discontinued model. Here's a link:
that would explain the offer of $50 towards a new one (different type) so i feel that Sig tried to make "some good" of his situation....how can they warranty a discontinued item,,,???...and how long ago was it discontinued,,,1 month ago, 1 year ago, 2 years ago..????

maybe the cost of a similar one is higher dollars..what's Sig to do, lose money and just give him a higher dollar item..???

that being said, why did the store even sell him that, without at least telling him it was no longer being made..??

further, why didn't Sig CS tell him it was a discontinued item..????

everything is done by scanning these days, for restocking, this is surmising the store re-orders thier stock this way......much like CVS, walgreens, walmart would.......

mom/pop stores, usually they call to reorder thier stock, not by scanning.

that would explain the offer of $50 towards a new one (different type) so i feel that Sig tried to make "some good" of his situation....how can they warranty a discontinued item,,,???...and how long ago was it discontinued,,,1 month ago, 1 year ago, 2 years ago..????

maybe the cost of a similar one is higher dollars..what's Sig to do, lose money and just give him a higher dollar item..???

that being said, why did the store even sell him that, without at least telling him it was no longer being made..??

further, why didn't Sig CS tell him it was a discontinued item..????

everything is done by scanning these days, for restocking, this is surmising the store re-orders thier stock this way......much like CVS, walgreens, walmart would.......

mom/pop stores, usually they call to reorder thier stock, not by scanning.
Not sure the OP stated the date of purchase for the sight. Maybe it was bought a few years ago and then Sig discontinued the product to bring out a new line. Either way a lifetime warranty should be honored if the company can replace the product with an equivalent item of similar value. I would recommend calling back as the customer service rep answering the phone may not know the history behind the product or warranty.

The OP stated he emailed in his post, probably not the most effective method to get a positive result. When I need service or answers to questions, I always call CS and say, "Hi, (CS name). I have a problem (or question) I can't figure out, and hope you can help me". I always listen carefully and respond in a friendly and business like manner which usually puts the CS rep at ease. I've dealt successfully with Springfield, S&W, and Sig CS every time I've called. The old saying, "You'll catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar" is spot on! Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Not sure the OP stated the date of purchase for the sight. Maybe it was bought a few years ago and then Sig discontinued the product to bring out a new line. Either way a lifetime warranty should be honored if the company can replace the product with an equivalent item of similar value. I would recommend calling back as the customer service rep answering the phone may not know the history behind the product or warranty.
The problem is that lifetime doesn’t necessarily legally mean you or my lifetime. Oftentimes it is the lifetime of the product, which is also often unclear. Perhaps the lifetime of the light was two weeks before it died.

Electric Component Limited 5-Year Warranty

SIG SAUER warrants that the electronic and tritium components of the enclosed product were originally manufactured free of defects in workmanship, material, and mechanical function. For a period of five (5) years from the date of manufacture, SIG SAUER agrees to correct any defect in these components by repair, adjustment, or replacement, at SIG SAUER’s option, with the same or comparable quality components (or by replacing the product at SIG SAUER’s option); provided however that a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) is first obtained by contacting SIG SAUER Customer Service, and that the product is returned unloaded and freight prepaid.

This limited warranty is null and void if the product has been misused, damaged (by accident or otherwise), damaged through failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance as described in the user’s manual, or if unauthorized repair or any alteration, including of a cosmetic nature, has been performed on the product. This limited warranty does not apply to normal cosmetic wear and tear of any parts.

ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY LAW, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. REPAIR, ALTERATION, OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED HEREIN IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT SHALL SIG SAUER OR ANY COMPANY AFFILIATED WITH SIG SAUER BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE PURCHASE OR USE OF THIS PRODUCT, WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, OR OTHERWISE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so some or all of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.

This warranty applies to commercial customers only, and does not apply to government, military, law enforcement, or non-US customers. Non-US cOMMERCIAL Customers MUST PURCHASE PRODUCT THROUGH AN AUTHORIZED SIG SAUER DEALER WITHIN THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE FOR THIS WARRANTY TO APPLY.
====================================================================================

under Sig's warranty for 5 years.....after the unit is built, not sold.

again, we do not know all the particulars...like, when was it built, and how long it sat in a warehouse, before it got sold?

i bought my first gun, the CZ 75B in January of 2020.....it was built in 2017......it sat for nearly 3 years.

see..???

if CZ had the same "when built warranty", and only a say a 3 year one at that....... and i needed gun repairs?

i'd have been SOL........

I will say to the OP, if it did have a lifetime warranty, don't give up. keep calling them and talk to someone new. some there will help you and some won't. i had a similar experience with them a while back on an air gun.

The PSP tank valve went out after about a week and i called them and they said the bottles are on backorder. problem is most of the aftermarket stuff they sell is not made by them. no clue where this bottle was made but it wasn't here. all the threads were crazy. not even metric or SAE threads. about two months went by and i would call ever so often and always got a they are on backorder and they don't know when they will be in..

I had the same attitude as you in i will never buy another sig product, even started spelling their name sig sour. i was pissed. so i went ahead and bought another ninja brand bottle. but i kept on them cause by golly they owed me a bottle, oh i forgot i did send my bad one to them to replace as they requested at the beginning so i had no bottle at all.

I called a couple more times and about six months went by and i had moved on and just knew it was over. then one day a guy calls me and starts apologizing for everything. i said well ya know these rifles are worthless without the bottle. he said i am going to find out something for you today can i call you at this number. i said sure as i figured id never hear from him again.

Sure enough in about an hour he called back and said they don't have a clue when these bottles will be in so here's what i am going to do for you, i will take a bottle out of a new boxed rifle and send you or if you want i will send you the whole rifle and bottle for 50 bucks. now these are 300 dollar air rifles. i said send me the rifle.

He got my information and in about 3 or 4 days the new rifle was here. I did call them and tell them what a fantastic employee they had, at that time he had called me several times to make sure i was happy. i even e mailed them to tell them how good he was. he even called to thank me and how i liked the new rifle. my point is i stayed on em and they came through. even though i said i would never buy a sig again, i probably have bought 6 or 7 handguns from them since then.

Give em a chance, hopefully you will get someone like i did. i can't remember that guy name or i tell you to ask for him. he really cares about their customer satisfaction. Not all of them care like him. stay on em. never give up. that company may not even be in business anymore. BUT if they told you lifetime then it should be lifetime.

As in Old Me's post above, most electronic components in optics have a limited warranty. As an example, my new Sig Romeo X Compact Optic has an Infinite Guarantee on the optic itself for manufacturing defects, workmanship, and mechanical parts, but only a 10 Year Warranty on the electronic components, i.e. capacitors, diodes, resistors, etc. which I don't have a problem with, as I've dealt with my Ham Radio gear for many decades now with only 2 failures requiring service I had to pay for. Read the warranty and call CS with questions before you buy. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I just reread the OP and he doesn't say it was a lifetime warranty.

In any event, I think we're kicking a dead horse here, fella's.
Yup

Attachments

• th-3118671465.jpg
    th-3118671465.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 12
Back