testtest

SIG SAUER Custom Works Nightmare Series

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
Interesting Sig Sauer News I received in a recent Email concerning these limited productions. Sig video below write up.

"The team at SIG Custom Works has re-imagined three of the most iconic SIG pistols giving them the infamous blacked out Nightmare treatment. The new Nightmare Series features a blacked out Custom Works engraved slide and blacked out frame with nickel plated contrasting controls giving them the distinct Nightmare look. The SIG SAUER Nightmare Series are also the first SIG pistols to fitted with a Hogue Classic Contour SL G-10 Grip. The Nightmare Series P226 and P229 are chambered in 9mm with the P220 chambered in 45ACP, each is equipped with X-Ray 3 day/night sights and 3 magazines. The Custom Works Nightmare Series comes packaged in a premium Custom Works Negrini pistol case complete with a SIG Custom Works challenge coin and a certified custom certificate. The new Nightmare Series from SIG Custom Works. The Nightmare is back."

I see internal and external parts differences on my various Legion pistols, but this Sig line appears to be lipstick ???

I fully agree. My P238 Legion is a fantastic gun, and there are obvious non-cosmetic differences between it and other P238 Models. I like the way the new Nightmare pistols look, but unless there are significant structural differences, I would much rather Sig just list them as color options rather than act like they are a completely new line. I'd strongly consider picking one up if the price is right, but I only purchased my Legion because it was on a deep sale that is unlikely to be repeated in the current market.

A 1990's era P229 .40 S&W, by a substantial margin, was the best on-duty handgun I've carried. That gun was and remains flawless. It has never, ever given me a slightest problem. The P229 is a precision made firearm designed for law enforcement use. However, if I had a say in my on-duty handgun, I'd have carried a Springfield Armory TRP .45 Auto, which is not intended to slight the most excellent P229. I merely prefer, no, love Springfield Armory 1911-A1s, especially the Springfield Armory TRP .45 Auto.

My Sig P239 .40 S&W is flawless. I had intended to use it for concealed carry until I found the holy grail of concealed, urban carry handguns: Springfield Armory EMP3 9MM. But I ain't parting with my P239.

My P229 and its little brother, my P239, are extremely accurate.

My son owns a green spring (rated +P) Sig P220 .45 Auto. It, too, has been flawless and accurate.

All the of the aforementioned Sigs are extremely accurate. Other than decockers, none have safeties, which I prefer with double action semis.

I'm sticking with my theory, doubling down, and betting the farm: excellent quality semis (Sig, Springfield Armory, etc.) are far more reliable than any revolver. Caveat: I have no experience with Korth revolvers.

BTW, and we all know about rumors: I've read that Sig's quality ain't what it once was. I'm praying that that's nothing more than rumor hatched by people with faulty axes to grind. If I remember correctly, and there is concern for doubt about my memory: Sig had a serious problem with ts P320.

A 1990's era P229 .40 S&W, by a substantial margin, was the best on-duty handgun I've carried. That gun was and remains flawless. It has never, ever given me a slightest problem. The P229 is a precision made firearm designed for law enforcement use. However, if I had a say in my on-duty handgun, I'd have carried a Springfield Armory TRP .45 Auto, which is not intended to slight the most excellent P229. I merely prefer, no, love Springfield Armory 1911-A1s, especially the Springfield Armory TRP .45 Auto.

My Sig P239 .40 S&W is flawless. I had intended to use it for concealed carry until I found the holy grail of concealed, urban carry handguns: Springfield Armory EMP3 9MM. But I ain't parting with my P239.

My P229 and its little brother, my P239, are extremely accurate.

My son owns a green spring (rated +P) Sig P220 .45 Auto. It, too, has been flawless and accurate.

All the of the aforementioned Sigs are extremely accurate. Other than decockers, none have safeties, which I prefer with double action semis.

I'm sticking with my theory, doubling down, and betting the farm: excellent quality semis (Sig, Springfield Armory, etc.) are far more reliable than any revolver. Caveat: I have no experience with Korth revolvers.

BTW, and we all know about rumors: I've read that Sig's quality ain't what it once was. I'm praying that that's nothing more than rumor hatched by people with faulty axes to grind. If I remember correctly, and there is concern for doubt about my memory: Sig had a serious problem with ts P320.
My 1991 P228 is by far my favorite carry gun and is great balance of size, weight with excellent precision. Few springs later and it is rock solid .

in my opinion Sig makes one very accurate firearm right out of the box, better then any others I have or have shot. Old Sigs and New Sigs alike all very accurate, With exception a custom 1911.

in my opinion Sig makes one very accurate firearm right out of the box, better then any others I have or have shot. Old Sigs and New Sigs alike all very accurate, With exception a custom 1911.
Try a Springfield Armory TRP .45 Auto. It's more accurate than my Sigs.

But I do agree: Sigs, based upon the ones I own and my son's, are extremely accurate. More importantly, they're twice extremely reliable as they are accurate.

Back