testtest

Sighting In a Bolt-Action Rifle

I gave up on both once I bought a laser device to bore site. Look through scope dial it in at 25yards and go to the farm to finish at realistic distances.

I gave up on both once I bought a laser device to bore site. Look through scope dial it in at 25yards and go to the farm to finish at realistic distances.

I haven't used a laser, but that's another better option than eye-balling it. Both a lasre or a collimater simplifies things and boils things down to a single process of aligning things properly looking through the scope vs. switching back & forth with eye-balling it.

I also start at 25 then walk it out to 200, which is my standard sighting-in range. I can be on out there in 4-6 rds.

I haven't used a laser, but that's another better option than eye-balling it. Both a lasre or a collimater simplifies things and boils things down to a single process of aligning things properly looking through the scope vs. switching back & forth with eye-balling it.

I also start at 25 then walk it out to 200, which is my standard sighting-in range. I can be on out there in 4-6 rds.
46 rounds :ROFLMAO:

I finally bought the SiteLite system. It works great and on virtually any firearm.
With the target for a specific weapon, you can travel, hang the target at a known distance, bench the firearm and check to see if your sights have changed in transit. If so, you can readjust to your known marking without firing a shot.

I have used the "peering down the bore at 25 yards" and it does work.
It's not too professional though and may require the expenditure of excess ammo.

In the same vein: Once you are on the paper and have a bullet hole, carefully bag the rifle and bring the reticle back to where you first aimed, Then (without moving the rifle) carefully adjust the sights so the cross hairs are on the bullet hole.
Fire another round now again aiming at the bullseye. You should be pretty close.

Back