testtest

Slide-lock reload

"It is a slide stop. Not a release." is what I taught all the years I was a department and academy firearms instructor. The main reason for it was hitting the slide release to chamber a round is a fine motor skill. In a gunfight your fine motor skill goes to hell in a hand basket. Slingshoting the slide is a gross motor skill. Remember folks you'll play like you practice!
Good advice Susquash thanks!

I have a short thumb so I have used the technique described by Somorris when reloading using my weak hand to hit the release after mag insertion, or sling-shot the slide on pistols w/o an extended release.

I just installed an Apex extended release on my P-10C which totally works for my short thumb and corrects a stiff factory release.

The issue is that if you always release by the slide lock you can eventually wear it out and then it won't ever hold the slide back. I guess that would make a difference if you shoot ten of thousands of rounds a year.
I always did the slide lock method and wore down out my sig p228 slide lock.
I grab with off hand now 90% of time on my regular use pistols. My rarely used I get lazy and use slide lock.

Back