testtest

Small of Back Carry

I carry Sig 365 in Veddar IWB at 4:30- 5:00 o’clockish. Works in winter and summer months with shorts and t shirt. If asked for wallet ….well , be careful what you ask for.
I also carry Hellcat Pro or Glock 43x at 3:00 o’clock in same holster manufacturer.
I absolutely cannot carry appendix. Those are the only two positions I carry that are more comfortable than others. Unfortunately holsters are a money pit till you find what works for you.
IMG_9640.jpeg

Full disclosure I don't carry in the small the back and I never have.

I've heard a lot of people say that small of the back carry can lead to damage to your spine. It makes sense but I've never actually heard of it happening. Maybe because few people do it.

I have slipped and fell and landed on the gun on my hip more than once. It is quite painful.

My primary reason for not liking small of the back carry is that it's almost impossible to guard your gun in that position.

Hi,

I once considered, for certain situations, carrying a backup pistol in the small of my back. My thinking was that if someone got the drop on me I would step in front of my wife to protect her. Then while I was "surrendering" to the bad guy, distracting him, Mrs. BassCliff could draw from my back and take care of business. But that scenario seems too complicated, too uncomfortable, too error-prone. So it never happened.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I have always carried IWB, and mostly AIWB because I am small, and I have found a couple of belly bands that work very well for me. I have a couple of guns I like to carry OWB, mostly at home in the woods...that kind of stuff. I don't think SOB would work for me. I thought about it, but it sounds (and would probably feel) awkward and uncomfortable for my body type, as I have a boney back.

I'm 5'5" carrying a spare tire up front. Never liked the idea of the muzzle flagging my "stuff" I too carry a 365 at 6 canted to my dominant side. Small kydex holster all but disappears. I've tried on the hip , only comfortable carrying the bigg'ns out there and that requires a long shirt. I've carried that little thing so long at 6 that it feels weird if it's not there. Like forgetting your wallet. You know it's missing right away.

Young impressions last a long time. I can't see or hear of SOB carry without thinking of every "office girl" on The Man from UNCLE, circa 1965-66. Apparently that was standard UNCLE gear for the ladies. (Sorry, these are the best pics I could find.)

View attachment 54562
View attachment 54563
If memory serves Mannix carried SOB. I believe he carried a Walther in the first few shows and a DETECTIVE special after that.

I carry at different positions depending on my surroundings and the situations I may be going into. I carry either ankle holster, shoulder holster, cross draw holster and OWB. I am old school and don’t carry appendix. I see no problems with SOB carry or any other type of carry, however you should know the limitations that each type of carry presents and be honest with your limitations. On the other hand, SOB carry does look pretty cool in the movies.

Back